If anyone could help me out here, that’d be great!
I’m 14 and discerning my vocation.
What I want to be:
- Married: This would be unbelievably amazing! I would love to have a wife and children and live my life in the love of my family.
- Priest: This would be amazing, as well. I’d love to lead a parish, minister the sacraments, give sermons, etc. I would love to serve people as a priest.
- Monk: I dread this.
What I feel called to be:
- Monk: I have a really strong compulsion towards this.
- Priest: I feel a calling towards this, but not quite as strong as being a monk.
- Married: Right now, it’s feeling like I shouldn’t get married.
What I think I I would be best at:
- Priest: I just feel that I would be good at this. I think I have talents that would allow for me to be a good priest.
- Married: This easily could’ve been number one. For one, I love kids, and for two, I have an array of talents that would allow me to be great in certain professions.
- Monk: I’ve always worried about constant prayer, mortification, penance, and separation from the world, so I think maybe this is God telling me that I am called to do these things.
I know I’m still a ways off from actually having to make decisions based on these things, but it’s been on my mind. I think it should also be noted that I’m pretty scrupulous.
Advice or anything else on discerning my vocation would be greatly appreciated!