Discernment Homes for women

Here is my situation, I am 29 years old and still live at home, I have been unemployed since March 2013 and have been looking for a job with little to no success. I have also been searching for what my vocation is. I have thought about marriage but trying to raise kids in todays world frightens me and I would rather wait until the Consecration of Russia happens or I find that I am called to a Josephite Marriage. I have looked into religious life but haven't found a community that I feel called to. I have also looked at the consecrated single life but I feel that I should at least find a full-time job with benefits so I can be able to support myself but the way the economy is going I am not keeping my hopes up to the consecrated single life. The other problem I have is I am not really sure what it is that I want to do. I have been looking for a spiritual director but that too has had dead ends. I should also point out that my family hardly ever practices the faith anymore, they barely go to mass on Sunday (they only seem to go when we go to my grandparents house in JIm Falls). I have come to love the Traditional Latin Mass and the traditional values of the church and I seek that in a community (if I am called to the religious life) or hope to marry a man who also loves the Latin Mass.

My question is, does anyone know of any religious communities for women that celebrate the Latin Mass that are discernment houses. I have found a couple that offer retreats but since they prefer women to have a spiritual director the correspondence hasn't gone further. I guess it is my hope to find a community and hopefully get spiritual direction there, while praying in a community setting, and being able to fully discern God's calling for my life away from modern distractions.

Thank you

Hello,

I don’t think you should be waiting for the perfect situation. Just the call from God for his will for you. Many of the saints underwent trials in less than ideal convents, and/or less than ideal situations.

Sister Mary Lucy (Lucia) said that JP II’s consecration of the world fulfilled the consecration of Russia if this is what you’re speaking about. Perhaps someone can provide a link.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.