discernment

Please pray for me....

I am enrolled in a graduate program which starts tomorrow.... and am having serious doubts about the value of this degree. Is my desire to attend a vanity (fulfillment of a childhood dream) or is it something that will bring added value to my family as to justify the time and expense involved.....

I know this is VERY last minute.... Please

Catherine, trust God to bring good out of it.
You may have your reasons...but I think you could find that He may have His reasons to go ahead.
Your optimum choice is God and God's will. He won't let you down.

Loving God we place Catherine's endeavors in Your care, that the fullnes of Your holy and loving will is fulfilled

5 Hail Marys, 5 Our Fathers

God Bless

I think it is importand for you to pursue this degree. Praying for you whatever decision you make.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

That's an interesting question. Could you provide some more information? (You generally have a short period before having to drop a course or courses, right?)

What kind of degree is it? How do you intend to use it? You mentioned "adding value to your family." Does that mean it is a course of study that cannot be leveraged for a paid position in the future?

Will the degree put a strain on your family finances?

Why do you mention vanity?

Peace.

Oops--sorry. I just saw that this is posted on prayer intentions and is not meant for discussion. No need to respond to the questions, of course. Prayers on the way.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, AMEN.

I don't know who said this, but there is a quote to the effect that we regret most the things that we have not done, rather than the things we did. Pursuing a childhood dream is not a vanity, IMHO. I did it myself. Ask yourself how you're going to feel 10, 20, 30 years down the line. Can you see yourself using your degree with satisfaction and pride (not always a dirty word!)? Do you feel like you would be fulfilling God's will by doing this work? Not easy questions to answer. I'm not great on giving advice but I think you should stick with the program until you are sure of your decision. No harm, no foul. And keep on praying, especially to the Holy Spirit.

Prayer for the Gift of Wisdom

Great is the wisdom of the Lord!
God Almighty, Your Wisdom includes
An understanding of what is fair,
What is logical, what is true,
What is right and what is lasting.
It mirrors Your pure intellect!
I entreat You to grant me such Wisdom,
That my labours may reflect Your insight.
Your Wisdom expands in Your creations,
Displaying complexity and multiplicity.
Your Wisdom is an eternity ahead of man.
May Your wisdom flourish forever!

Amen.

I pray that God grants you the wisdom and knowledge to discern his plan for you… And may you have peace, calm, and happiness in following His will for your life.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Remembering you in my daily prayers. God bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.