Discharge pending for combat pilot who tried to halt lesbian officers’ make-out session

washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/12/discharge-pending-combat-pilot-who-tried-halt-lesb/#ixzz3IyAtcZ7o

Sounds like this Colonel was trying to follow and maintain common military morale and discipline--------but of course, now everything in the military is up for grabs. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pathetic.

Through the prayers of the Mother Of God, have mercy on us and save us. Amen.

Seems to me, he was just attempting to make sure all decorum was followed, much like he would try to break up two heterosexuals if they were making out, outside the confines of their bedroom.

I know that’s what the article explained, but this is PC-ness gone awry. What would the pilot have done if no-one took his case? Would he have just gone along with it?

“A warrant officer had approached Col. Downey and complained that their prolonged French kissing, buttocks grabbing and disrobing of Army jackets violated Army rules against inappropriate displays of public affection while in uniform on base, his attorney said.”

I don’t like the “he’s getting into trouble just because it was a lesbian couple” line, but yeah he’s getting into trouble just because it was a lesbian couple.

What cause has his accusers that his actions would not have been the same had the couple been heterosexual?

Did this happen before or after the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.