Discount for MTF items?

Hello all; I am looking to buy the case for the MTF Daily Roman Missal from their website. My only obstacle is the price; it is $30, the a ridiculous $13 for shipping! Those in control of the cash flow (i.e., my parents) are leery of spending that much. I really want to make my missal last.

Are there alternatives, or a discount for the MTF site? Anything helps!

[quote="NickD, post:1, topic:316235"]
Are there alternatives, or a discount for the MTF site? Anything helps!

[/quote]

I was not aware of MTF offering a case for their missal. I got mine from Catholic Embroidery: catholicembroidery.com/new-daily-roman-missal-cover/

I also balked at the price but when I considered how much I paid for my DRM and how it would be my at-the-ready spiritual companion to Mass, Holy Hour and even funerals I saved up my nickels and dimes and had one made. I wanted a cover that would protect my investment and I was not disappointed. To me, for the many years I'm planning on using the DRM, it is worth the price for a durable cover.

By the way, when I submitted my order, I made no mention of my favorite saint. When the missal cover arrived, the zipper pull had a medal of St. Joseph attached. Coincidence or blessing?

Joe

I was able to find this missal cover in 3 sizes (small, medium, large) for $22.95 + $6.95 shipping:

catholiccompany.com/Black-Bible-Cover-Cross-p2012002/

A bit more affordable? :)

[quote="Morwenna, post:3, topic:316235"]
I was able to find this missal cover in 3 sizes (small, medium, large) for $22.95 + $6.95 shipping:

catholiccompany.com/Black-Bible-Cover-Cross-p2012002/

A bit more affordable? :)

[/quote]

Yes, thanks! :thumbsup:

Do you have the MTF Daily Roman Missal, or the St. Paul DRM? I only ask wondering what size I should purchase

Edit: I checked the size of the MTF DRM compared to the cover; I think I'll go with the "small" size

[quote="NickD, post:4, topic:316235"]
Yes, thanks! :thumbsup:

Do you have the MTF Daily Roman Missal, or the St. Paul DRM? I only ask wondering what size I should purchase

Edit: I checked the size of the MTF DRM compared to the cover; I think I'll go with the "small" size

[/quote]

I actually don't have a missal myself, I just use the missalettes provided by our Parish.

I'm glad you've found a cover that's suitable in both size and price :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.