Discouraged-need prayers

CAF prayer warriors, please pray for me. I’m feeling very discouraged by life lately. I struggled with depression for many years but finally got it under control. Recent life circumstances, however, are really starting to get to me. I feel myself starting to slide downward; back into a black hole where I see no hope, no joy and no point in anything. Please pray that I can overcome these feelings of despair. Thank you and God bless.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, Implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. to you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in Thy mercy hear and answer me, Amen

Prayer of St. Dymphna

Lord, our God, You graciously chose St. Dymphna as
patroness of those afflicted with mental, emotional, and
nervous disorders. She is thus an inspiration and a symbol
of charity to the thousands who ask her intercession.
Please grant, Lord, through the prayers of this pure,
youthful martyr, relief and consolation to all suffering
such trials –– especially Sunflower98 for whom we pray.

We beg You, Lord, to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna
on her behalf. Help her to find a good doctor who will
medically treat her depression. Grant her patience in
her sufferings and resignation to Your divine will.
Please fill her with hope, and grant her the relief and
cure she so desires. We ask this through Christ Our
Lord, who suffered agony in the garden. Amen. :pray:

Hail Mary,
Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

Hi, I’m sorry you are on a downward spiral. I recently learned some “disturbing” things about my family… I was praying for them when I came across a St. Dymphna medal in my deceased mother’s things… (I had noticed other prayer warriors using intercession from St. Dymphna before but didn’t know who she was…) I looked her up and read about her. She became my patron saint for this year… :slight_smile:

Good Saint Dymphna, great wonder-worker in every affliction of mind and body, I humbly implore your powerful intercession with Jesus through Mary, the Health of the OP in their present need. (Mention it.) Saint Dymphna, martyr of purity, patroness of those who suffer with nervous and mental afflictions, beloved child of Jesus and Mary, pray to Them for me and obtain my request.

(Pray one Our Father, one Hail Mary and one Glory Be.)

Saint Dymphna, Virgin and Martyr, pray for us.

I’m saying it for you, too!

I’m praying for you. May the Lord heal you of depression and despair and may He make life easier for you.

Prayers for you. But please consider saying this to a doctor too.

Hail Mary
Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death, Amen

Our Father
Who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come
Thy Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Thank you all for your prayers and kindness.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Prayer of Abandonment.

Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.

Let only your will be done in me,
and in all your creatures -
I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul:
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.

Charles de Foucauld

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, Implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in Thy mercy hear and answer me , Amen

Asking Our Lady and her Son to comfort me and ease my anxieties.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.