Disgusting Episcopalian "liturgies"

Made my skin crawl. And these come straight out of the ECUSA Web site, no less.

episcopalchurch.org/documents/WM_Eucharist.doc
(“Liturgy” with feminine pronouns for God. Even Christ).

episcopalchurch.org/documents/WM_LiturgiesMorningPrayer.doc
(Morning Service with the same linguistic mutilatoins).

On that same page there used to be a “Liturgy for Divorce” (!) and a “Women’s Eucharist” (!!) that offered rasin cakes to the “Queen of Heaven” (the ancient pagan deity, not our dear blessed Mother of God).

What the hekk is happening to the Episcopal Church?

[quote=porthos11]Made my skin crawl. And these come straight out of the ECUSA Web site, no less.

On that same page there used to be a “Liturgy for Divorce” (!) and a “Women’s Eucharist” (!!) that offered rasin cakes to the “Queen of Heaven” (the ancient pagan deity, not our dear blessed Mother of God).

[/quote]

Porthos11:

With great sadness, I have to tell you that most of the LEADERSHIP of ECUSA is in rebellion against God, the Catholic faith and the Anglican Communion.

This is my report from the Nottingham meetings:

Re: Scary Episcopalian Encounter - Post #49
forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=752658&postcount=49

The “Liveblog” might be old, but the rest should still be up to date.

This seems to be the response of the bishops of the Global South.

CENTRAL AFRICA PRIMATE: “CAPA Bishops Will Decide Anglican Future. Talk is Over”

World Exclusive

By David W. Virtue

An Interview with Archbishop Bernard Malango, Primate of Central Africa.

*NOTTINGHAM (6/24/2005)–The Archbishop of Central Africa says that an exit strategy from the Anglican Communion has been drawn up and schism will occur before the next Lambeth Conference, with a new world headquarters for Anglicanism in Alexandria, Egypt, because the North American churches will not repent of their actions condoning “immoral sexual behavior”.

In a wide-ranging interview with VirtueOnline, the Most Rev. Bernard Malango said the CAPA and Global South bishops have had enough of talking about homosexuality and when they meet in Alexandria in October they will bring finality to the situation. The Primate told VirtueOnline; “This is not just the voice of the Archbishop of Central Africa, I speak knowing what the Primates of the Global South think and they are of the same opinion.”*

virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2660

I have something from the American Anglican Council saying they don’t think the Bishops and Primates from CAPA mean this, but I think they do.

I was just involved in a situation with the (Anglican) Huron University College and Divinity School which is belongs to the Anglican Church of Canada (they’re in the same hot water and in the same heresy and apostasy as ECUSA, and they’re almost as clueless), where they sponsored a Pro-Abortion Activist to speak in support of the University of Western Ontario’s (which they’re part of) honoring of the man most responsible for legalized Abortion in Canada and against those of us who protested it.

My name is most definitely “MUDD” at Huron University College and the C of C Diocese of Huron, because I helped to expose the entire thing to the Bishops and Primates of Global South!

The Primates of the Global South are serious because they’ve had just seen too many things like you described, and like I dealt with at Huron, and they’ve had enough.

The Only Questions are, "How many are Orthodox and Catholic enough that they can be brough into the Catholic Faith? What is the best and most effective way to do this?

I know there are a couple on the board who disagree with me, but this summer, some Bishops from the Traditional Anglican Comunion will go on retreat with the Bishops of the Catholic Church and then join them in the International Conference of Catholic Bishops (in Rome). They will be the first Anglican Bishops to have ever been invited to either.

If this is successful, an Anglican Rite or Anglican Catholic Church (much like the Eastern Catholic Churches) should begin to emerge with the Pope’s approval and in union with The Catholic Church within the next few years.

This will be the culmination of work begun in 1994 by negotiators from the TAC and Pope John Paul II and Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger.

From what I’ve seen of the situation in ECUSA and the C of C, the creation/emergence of the Anglican Catholic Church in union with The Catholic Church and with the approval of the Pope couldn’t hapen too soon.

Please pray for the orthodox Christian believers, congregations and priests who feel stuck in ECUSA. Please esp. pray for those men who were ordained in the 1960’s, and who thought that things couldn’t get worse, who now must rely on ECUSA for their pensions.

And, please pray that those Anglicans who find themselves compelled to leave don’t get the same welcome I got on the Anglicans to Rome Threads. Please pray that the Catholics will see brothers and not enemies or competitors, and that Our Lord prayed for us to be One in Him.

And, porthos11, if you have any time left, pray for the conversion of people like Bishop Robinson and Bishop Griswald and that they lead NO more sheep astray.

I hope this answers your question.

Goodnight.

Blessed are thy who act to save God’s Little Ones. Michael

Mother Jesus. Mother Jesus? Is Jesus a woman now as well? This is a sad development within the Anglican church.

I also pray that those who are compelled to leave the Anglican church and go to the Catholic Church find a warm welcome for them. Let’s see them as our brothers and sisters in Christ, who deserve our welcome and our fellowship.

The move of many Anglicans to Rome has been slowly happening over twenty years (myself included), but it is about the burst forth very soon.

Next year, I believe, is the next General Convention of the Episcopal Church USA. All of the issues in the church right now, from openly gay bishops to feminist litugies, are finally going to come to a head.

Now most Anglicans who will be leaving (because most of the leadership in the ECUSA is liberal and so will not budge) will not go to Rome, since some “Anti-Romanism” still exists in certain quarters. They will go to such bodies as the Anglican Church in America, the Orthodox Anglican Church, the Anglican Catholic Church, and so on.

But for a significant number, I believe that they will make their way to Rome. Their number will bring up the number of Anglican Use parishes and you will see more and more coming in once they see that the Anglican tradition does have a respected place in the Roman Church.

[quote=AnglicanRite]The move of many Anglicans to Rome has been slowly happening over twenty years (myself included), but it is about the burst forth very soon.

Next year, I believe, is the next General Convention of the Episcopal Church USA. All of the issues in the church right now, from openly gay bishops to feminist litugies, are finally going to come to a head.

Now most Anglicans who will be leaving (because most of the leadership in the ECUSA is liberal and so will not budge) will not go to Rome, since some “Anti-Romanism” still exists in certain quarters. They will go to such bodies as the Anglican Church in America, the Orthodox Anglican Church, the Anglican Catholic Church, and so on.

But for a significant number, I believe that they will make their way to Rome. Their number will bring up the number of Anglican Use parishes and you will see more and more coming in once they see that the Anglican tradition does have a respected place in the Roman Church.
[/quote]

AnglicanRite:

You are right about everything coming to a head in ECUSA. but, You forgot about the Church of Canada (C of C) and the rest of the Anglican Communion. Right now, parishes are being held in by threat of lawsuit, and that’s just about it. There are some Dioceses that also seem to be talking about leaving, but they will have APOSTATE parishes which will STAY in ECUSA and the C of C.

They don’t seem to be threatening those parishes with law suits or anything like that. The only ones being threatened are the orthodox.

AnglicanRite, the Anglican use is still a Temporary Pastoral Provision, which in spite of the fact that Pope John Paul II came very close to ordering the Archbishops in this country and others to allow it, many still are resisting.

The parish I’m going to, St. Mary’s was one of the parishes the Provision was originally created for. Cardinal Mahony found a reason to reject it which I won’t go into here. But it very nearly destroyed the parish, and it did cause them to force out the Rector who had tried to bring them home. Cardinal Mahony still has NEVER accepted an Anglican Use parish.

At the same time, I’ve met 2 TAC Bishops and the Primate and spoken with all of them in some detail (Bp. Chislett for nearly an hour). Others from St. Mary’s have met and spoken with more of the Bp’s and Abp’s of the TAC than I have. So, I have gotten to know them.

As I said before, the Traditional Anglican Communion (TAC) started negotiating with Pope John Paul II the Great and the then Cardinal Joseph Ratizinger to unite with the Catholic Church as a Sui Iuris Anglican Rite in 1994. I understand they’ve gotten much further than ARCIC talks between the Anglican Communion and the Cathoic Church ever did.

One thing that’s helped that is that the TAC has adopted a Roman style authority structure (now I realize at the suggestion of Pope John Paul II and Cardinal Ratzinger), which means that Primate John has the authrity to say, “Yes,” to any offers that Pope Benedict XVI may make and have that answer be the answer of the TAC.

The Archbishop of Canterbury never had that authority, or the authority to discipline recalcitrant Bishops and priests, for that matter, which Archbishop Hepworth has.

Writing this to you has caused me to realize one thing (which might be a little upsetting to some of my fellow Anglicans - The ones who are most upset WON’T be swimming accross the Tiber, anyway!)… Things such as the TAC authority structure (Abp. Hepworth has real Authority and he’s not just a figurehead) started coming in AFTER the talks with Rome started. These were all “Suggestions” from Rome.

I believe that, whenever possible, Pope John Paul II the Great and Pope Benedict XVI have had a hand in “guiding” the TAC so that they can have the Sui Iuris Church/Rite under the JURISDICTION of the Holy Pontiff, so that the Vatican could direct parishes and Dioceses who left ECUSA, the Church of Canada and other Provinces of the Anglican Communion to the new Church/Rite created by the Vatican in union with the Vatican that would be instructed to receive these parishes so long as they use or will use either the Anglican Missal (or some approved variant) or the Book of Divine Worshop and believe and keep the Catholic Faith.

AnglicanRite, that would prevent local bishops from being able to reject these congregations as some have Anglican Use Congregations.

If I’m correct, the TAC may have been unknowing “Nudged” in the right direction by 2 very wise and saintly men who knew what they were doing all along. As I’ve said before, those two were always a lot smarter and wiser than I.

You are right about the floodgates. I don’t know If you know just how big the floodgates are - Go read that interview with the Nigerian Primate. If the Primates of Global South break loose, they could end up anywhere, including at Rome’s doorstep.

This could be HUGE!

And, Yes, I’m praying for everybody, even for the conversion of those in ECUSA and the C of C.

Blessed are they who act to save God’s Little Ones. Michael

TradAng,

I sure hope and pray for the day our Communions come into full union. I’m sure that when an agreement is reached, your liturgy (it does contain all the thee’s and thou’s, yes?) may actually attract many Latins.

[quote=porthos11]Made my skin crawl. And these come straight out of the ECUSA Web site, no less.

[/quote]

Yikes! I couldn’t even read beyond the first few lines… Where can I wash out my brain?!

If only the Anglican Church would read the works by one of its own named C.S. Lewis. He warned the church in the “Fern-Seed and the Elephant” that Anglicans would soon be leaving in droves for the Catholic Church, unless they changed. Well, they changed all right…they got worse. As former Epsicopalians, welcome home, AngicanRite.

Well let’s be honest here. These wierd “liturgies” are not actually in use by Episcopalians. The official liturgy of ECUSA is contained in the Book of Comon Prayer nothing else, and these “liturgies” are not in the Prayer Book and AFAIK have not been actually been used by anyone anywhere.

Those “liturgies” were placed on that
website by a single Episcopal “clergy couple” who also proclaimed that they were Celtic “Pagans”.

In a very short time the couple was de-frocked, and they were excommunicated by the Episcopal church. They decided to remain members of their “Pagan” church.

I see this as a tiny tempest in a teapot involving two ex-clergy members, who were excommunicated.

It is not something effecting the Episcopal church in general.

PS can anyone think of the name of the Celtic “Pagans”, it has completely slipped my mind?

Never mind, they were claiming to be “Druids”.

So if it’s not really their stuff, the ECUSA ought to remove that trash from their “Worship Resources” link on their main Web page. Because with the recent stunts they pulled, it’s easy to believe anything about them.

[quote=boppysbud]Well let’s be honest here. These wierd “liturgies” are not actually in use by Episcopalians. The official liturgy of ECUSA is contained in the Book of Comon Prayer nothing else, and these “liturgies” are not in the Prayer Book and AFAIK have not been actually been used by anyone anywhere.

[/quote]

Bingo! Just because someone calls it “Episcopal” liturgy doesn’t mean that it is. The Book of Common Prayer is the only liturgy to be used in worship services.

[quote=porthos11]So if it’s not really their stuff, the ECUSA ought to remove that trash from their “Worship Resources” link on their main Web page. Because with the recent stunts they pulled, it’s easy to believe anything about them.
[/quote]

They should, but hey…then again, they should stand up and say something about the gay bishop who was a keynote speaker at Planned Parenthood’s Breakfast eariler this year…remember the ECUSA is becoming more liberal everyday!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.