Disgusting!

An Afghan bill allowing a husband to starve his wife if she refuses to have sex has been published in the official gazette and become law.

The original bill caused outrage earlier this year, forcing Afghan President Hamid Karzai to withdraw it.

But critics say the amended version of the law remains highly repressive.

They accuse Mr Karzai of selling out Afghan women for the sake of conservative Shia support at next week’s presidential election.

The law governs family life for Afghanistan’s Shia minority.

Read the rest in here
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8204207.stm

Seriously! I would prefer the taliban over this IDIOT! At least they treat their women better than this…

wasalam

You do if you are forced to? I mean, you would choose the lesser of the two devils?

It never ceases to amaze me how terrible women are treated in the middle east.

BTW, did you see an amateur shot of how the Talibs AK-47ed a woman in full burqa in a used football stadium in full public view in the Taliban era of Aghanistan?

I don’t know; who treat women better between the two? Even if the woman deserved capital punishment ain’t there a more honorable way of doing it?

Your last opinion is difficult to uphold considering the Taliban track record concerning women in Afghanistan, but even if you are correct, if you are a citizen of Afghanistan you’ll have a chance to voice that very opinion when you go to the polls to elect your President this weekend. That’s not an opportunity you would have had under the Taliban regime. President Karzai may not be the best leader Afghanistan has ever had, but at least he’s willing to submit his administration to the will of the people.

These people fail to realize that it’s the woman who cooks all of the meals - believe me, as a cook myself, by the time I test taste everything I’m full… :smiley:

Honestly, this is pathetic… to starve your wife for not supplying sex for these sex crazed beasts.

This ruling is just as bad as this verse from the koran:

**If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, Take the evidence of four (Reliable) witnesses from amongst you against them; and if they testify, confine them to houses until death do claim them, **or Allah ordain for them some (other) way.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.