Dispension of the vow and absolution of sins with quiet words on the crucial part?

I asked my parish priest to dispense my vow and give me confession. I. we talked about the vow earlier. So I started listong my sins and possible sins and when I was over he didn’t say anything. When I asked him about absolution, he said he has already done it (whispering while I was listing sins), but he did it again. But he said “I absolve you” and it seemed to me that he said (or hasn’t said) words “In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit” very quietly. Now I am so confused that in my head it seems like he had said the words normally. But would confesion and dispansion be valid if the priest had said some other words due to demonic activity or simply being uncomfortable while giving absolution? Can I be sure? I would feel very uncomfortable talkimg about this with him. And please, just answer the question without calling me scrupulos, insane, disrestectful or judgemental. I am really not judgemental, because I am not even talking about the priest now. And the fact that he is a priest doesn’t neccesery mean something since I think I remember one saint saying that there were priests that changed words of transupstatiation said in whisper while not being in the state of grace. She/he said that that “eucharist” isn’t valid, although folk isn’t guilty for unknowingly worshiping bread.
P.S. I think priest made the sign of cross by when saying quiet words…
P

So…you’re uncomfortable…why?
Because you’re imagining things are done wrong?
You won’t speak to him why?
You think you remember some saint said something, but not sure what?
:rolleyes:
I think you already know the answer.

If he said “I absolve you,” you are absolved. Period.

I thouught about this, but it seems a little illogical because I don’t need absolution in the name of the priest, but in the name of God. Priest has to absolve me in the name of the Lord…

I am not feeling safe because I am not sure I am safe…
What if things really were done wrong? I have to do all I can to make sure priest absolved me.
I don’t feel comfortable speaking to him, because I am afraid he is maybe going to think that I am not afraid, but rather disrespectful towards him.
I know some saint said that sometimes priest do sacraments wrongly because of they feel uncomfortable doing it right while not being sad for their sins.

Catechism1449 The formula of absolution used in the Latin Church expresses the essential elements of this sacrament: the Father of mercies is the source of all forgiveness. He effects the reconciliation of sinners through the Passover of his Son and the gift of his Spirit, through the prayer and ministry of the Church:
[INDENT] God, the Father of mercies,
through the death and the resurrection of his Son
has reconciled the world to himself
and sent the Holy Spirit among us
for the forgiveness of sins;
through the ministry of the Church
may God give you pardon and peace,
and I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. 48 [/INDENT]

The priest stands in persona Christi.
He says I absolve you.

That’s the way it’s done.
I didn’t see the above post first, but Vico has posted the exact words. See above ^^^

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.