Distant....

While I know that I will never leave God, I do find myself going through periods where I distance myself from Him very much. During these times I usually drop most all of my prayers, devotionals, and stop listening to the religious podcasts I usually listen to. I feel so far from God, and I don’t know how to get back. As you can imagine, my lack of a spiritual life destroys my relationship with God and I fall into frequent mortal sin. I know that God will forgive me, but I now just feel to ashamed to even ask for it. I just really need to get past this need I feel to “forgive myself”. I just feel to shameful to even approach God in any way. That is why I am asking for yalls prayers that God will move me back towards Him so that I may return to servicing him and so that I may receive his forgiveness. Thank you for all of your prayers. I hope soon I will truly be able to get past myself and back to God.

Hi Kevin. I have felt that way many times in the past. I’ll be praying for you everyday. :crossrc:

When I fall into this pattern, I utter a simple prayer: “Don’t let me go!”.

I’ll keep you in my prayers.

Will remember you in my prayers. I feel that way too at times. It’s an awful feeling almost of being abandoned by God. But we are never abandoned by God and those times when we feel this is when He is closest to us. It’s when our faith is being tested.:getholy:

I’ll pray for you.

God bless
Aaron Magnan

My prayers are with you, but realize that this is normal.

Keep going to Mass and receive the sacraments. God will not abandon you as long as you keep approaching Him week after week.

Sometimes, it’s good to pray even if you don’t want to.

Praying for you!

~~ the phoenix

Thank you all. Your prayers are very comforting:o .

May I suggest that you read the poem “Footprints in the Sand” again and again. I will pray for you.:thumbsup:

You are in my prayers. Keep on praying, even when you dont "feel anything." Our feelings can be very misleading. And please remember, that as long as we are contrite, Gods mercy is limitless.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

You have my prayers Kevin.

p.s. That’s a great signature. :thumbsup:

I just wanted to thank everyone who has prayed for me so far. I have been doing much better since I posted this. Last Sunday for the first time in about a month I actually wanted to go to church. I know that God is calling me into a deeper relationship with Him, and I feel like some of the things I have been struggling with are falling away. I still have a long ways to go of course, so your continued prayers are always appreciated. I will keep you all in my prayers. Peace be with you all!

-Kevin

(Thanks to the above poster for the comment on my sig too! Nothing like seeing Christ as King in all His glory and majesty, and remembering that He conquers all things!:smiley: )

Prayers for you and glad you are feeling better.

From a Phillips, Craig, and Dean song “Whatever it takes”
…I just want to know…tell me how far will He go
will He still reach to me inspite of where I’ve been?
…and He told me…
He’ll do whatever, whatever it takes
His grace reaches further, than your worst mistake
And His love will run farther
Than you can run away
He’ll do whatever, whatever it takes
He’ll do whatever it takes…

Great song (CD really) that lifts me when I falter. It reminds me there is no place so low that I can go that His love won’t find me and be there for me. Its unconditional and there for the asking.
God Bless and may your heart and spirit grow stronger and keep you on the path of your faith journey.

Praying for you!

Kevin, you are being prayed for!!:gopray2::gopray2::gopray2:

Kevin, you are in my prayers during my holy hour. You remind me of myself. Before I got relocated for work, away from my family, my prayer life was the basic prayers, nothing more. I felt (looking back) like I was giving God less than the bare minimum. I had cheated Him for so long, stayed away from a true relationship. Now that I have that relationship back…WOW…it is as if the clouds have been lifted, you can hear birds singing, etc.

Glad to hear things are getting better.

:signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.