Disturbing Facebook Meme: Any truth to this?

So I was on Facebook and I saw a picture some random friend put on his wall. Is there any truth to this?..talking about how we create our own reality and the government is trying to dumb us down so we don’t realize that…this sounds like paranoid conspiracy New Age theology.

the link for the meme is below

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151644636330482&set=a.10151370153765482.525168.175719755481&type=1&theater

Wacky conspiracy-mongering charlatans making grandiose claims. And yes, New Age garbage as well.

I had a history professor who graduated from Harvard Law tell me this: nothing in government happens without documentation. We know everything now about thw Top Secret Manhattan Project.

We “create our own reality”? How does a farmer create a drought? How does a person create their own flu virus?

Be careful with this stuff. While there are pieces of truth, the overall effect is very evil, almost a “Why go on?” feeling or “Just give up, we have no control over anything” outlook.

There is much that is toxic that needs to be cleaned up, paranoid conspiracy theories included.

There is a certain truth in that there are state or cultural forces designed to program attitudes among the citizenry. Just look at media portrayals of the Church and the caricature of the reality they set forth. But the meme does not have any details or specifics with regard to health effects of this or that chemical drug. There’s not much to respond to without such data offered.

Here is what Holy Scripture tells us about alcohol:

Psalm 103(104):13-15 Thou [God] waterest the hills from thy upper rooms: the earth shall be filled with the fruit of thy works: Bringing forth grass for cattle, and herb for the service of men. That thou mayst bring bread out of the earth: and that wine may cheer the heart of man. That he may make the face cheerful with oil: and that bread may strengthen man’s heart.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.