Disturbing?

comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64008

I've watched The Passion of the Christ, The Nativity Story and others and have enjoyed them for the most part...but does this(the linked item above) seem a little disturbing? I'm not even talking about the insane comments below it it...even from the "supposed" Catholic. Is it so bad in Hollywood now that they have veered away from tv show re-makes, movie reboots to now making books of the Bible into 3-D? Just disturbed and perturbed a bit.

I would judge the film on its merits, and like all the hundreds of previous bollywood attempts to re-tell cinematically bible events, on fidelity to the actual words of the bible. Until I have seen it I would not judge, but it does sound like a good field for a company to practice its special effects. Walden Media would be one group I would expect to do a decent job based on past performance, but I have reservations about all biblical based films, including the two you cite. IMO they should all be billed as "dramatic re-telling of bible events" never as "the bible on film" which they are not. the comments to the blog have no relevance to anything imo

This appears to be a remake of the 1966 film The Bible: In the Beginning, directed by John Huston (who also played Noah) and starring George C. Scott as Abraham, Ava Gardner as Sarah, and Peter O’Toole as an angel. I’ve seen only short bits of that movie, but from what I could tell, they took a decidedly low-tech approach.

If the remake is good, I’d be very interested in seeing it.

I'd go to see it. The 3D technology today is just amazing, it really does enhance the movie experience.

I’m not sure what would be disturbing about it… If it’s faithful and respectful to the Bible story, what would be wrong with that? I’m just trying to understand what would be disturbing exactly.

Um, just how is making it 3D disturbing? :ehh:

P.S.

I bet five bucks that those snobby atheists commenting belong to those loudmouth, nut groups who get easily offended by movies like this just like how the Catholic League gets offended by the Da Vinci Code. :rolleyes:

[quote="Lost_Wanderer, post:6, topic:189952"]
Um, just how is making it 3D disturbing? :ehh:

P.S.

I bet five bucks that those snobby atheists commenting belong to those loudmouth, nut groups who get easily offended by movies like this just like how the Catholic League gets offended by the Da Vinci Code. :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Mushrooms.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.