Divinci code movie

What subjects, materials must one study to be able to answer the divinici code book and now forthcoming movie?

[quote=Daniel Marsh]What subjects, materials must one study to be able to answer the divinici code book and now forthcoming movie?
[/quote]

What is there to answer? It’s a fictional book and movie based on the author’s speculation, along with enough factual material to make it interesting and somewhat plausible. Enjoy it or not for what it is.

Everything you need to know:

catholic.com/library/cracking_da_vinci_code.asp

carl-olson.com/abouttdvc.html

[quote=mikew262]What is there to answer? It’s a fictional book and movie based on the author’s speculation, along with enough factual material to make it interesting and somewhat plausible. Enjoy it or not for what it is.
[/quote]

My sister-in-law is inundated with people at her job who believe in the Da Vinci Code as fact. You do need answers for these poor misled souls. The only one i’ve read so far is The Da Vinci Hoax, which was very good and informative. Also, i think it’s irritating that you think it was okay that this was written, because if Dan Brown had instead written about some big Jewish conspiracy dating back thousands of years, he would have been burned at the stake by now. Also, that Dan Brown writes in the beginning of the book a false statistic regarding how many witches were burned by the Catholic Church and implies the book’s historicity is factual means he is a big liar. If he was any other kind of author other than anti-Catholic, no one would have heard of him. Way to stand up for bigotry against your fellow man. :mad:

“You were doing well until everyone died.”

sounds like par for the course to me.

:smiley:

[quote=dafalax]My sister-in-law is inundated with people at her job who believe in the Da Vinci Code as fact. You do need answers for these poor misled souls. The only one i’ve read so far is The Da Vinci Hoax, which was very good and informative. Also, i think it’s irritating that you think it was okay that this was written, because if Dan Brown had instead written about some big Jewish conspiracy dating back thousands of years, he would have been burned at the stake by now. Also, that Dan Brown writes in the beginning of the book a false statistic regarding how many witches were burned by the Catholic Church and implies the book’s historicity is factual means he is a big liar. If he was any other kind of author other than anti-Catholic, no one would have heard of him. Way to stand up for bigotry against your fellow man. :mad:
[/quote]

I think the Da Vinci Code movie is Hollywood’s way of spitting Mel Gibson’s face over his beautiful work the Passion of the Christ. I also think that the Da Vinci Code movie is Hollywood’s way of rejecting salvation.

No Bones about it, man loves darkness over light.

I think you are right bones ( trekie??? by chance )

pun not intended

Ok allow me to be Frank ( if someone calls me frank I will laugh with you ), I have no budget for books and frankly, I am not going to purchase any on this topic. And, frankly, none of the christian answer books to the code has made it into public libraries. So, I would like to get into a deeper conversation about the code online.

So, what areas of history does one need to bone up on?

[quote=Daniel Marsh]Ok allow me to be Frank ( if someone calls me frank I will laugh with you ), I have no budget for books and frankly, I am not going to purchase any on this topic. And, frankly, none of the christian answer books to the code has made it into public libraries. So, I would like to get into a deeper conversation about the code online.

So, what areas of history does one need to bone up on?
[/quote]

Perhaps you missed my post #3. There are numerous links to articles that will tell you everything you need to refute this DaVinci nonsense. Books are OK if we need to go into it deeper.

Speaking of libraries and books, I always take the time to brag about our local library here in Mesa, AZ. Despite budget woes in the City as a whole, they do an excellent job of keeping the latest books in stock, including Carl Olsen’s, “The DaVinci Hoax.” Press your local library to do the same.

Our local library system also has books that address “Da Vinci code”. If yours does not, they can probably borrow them for no or very low cost from a library which does through inter-library loan. Very few people take advantage of this program, but almost any book can be borrowed this way with a simple request and a bit of patience.

Please ask your library about this. Also, many libraries will purchase a book if it is requested by a patron. Many systems have money set aside for this. If they see that the book will serve the public, and a patron requests it, they will often purchase it. The “Da Vinci Code” is a hot topic, on both sides of the issue. A request might be all it takes to get the book into your library system. If people don’t ask, they don’t know what the people want!

cheddar

[quote=Daniel Marsh]No Bones about it, man loves darkness over light.

I think you are right bones ( trekie??? by chance )

pun not intended
[/quote]

Part of it, is because I’m just that kind of person.

i just got back froma conference this weekend and Dr. Edward Sri, Author of the Da Vinci Deception addressed this issue. He pointed out the VERY SERIOUS and FUNDAMENTAL mistakes that Brown made in authoring the DaVinci Code. I am an amateur and after reading several excerpts fromt he book was able to spot some very critical and gross distortions of truth.

There are plenty of books out there. When you engage soemone about this topic in a discussion d o so in charity and use it by Gods grace as an opportunity to share the truth about what the Church does teach.

[quote=Daniel Marsh]What subjects, materials must one study to be able to answer the divinici code book and now forthcoming movie?
[/quote]

Guess what? There is very little truth in the Da Vinci Code Movie. It’s all a bunch of lies and stupid things like that. Not that hard to comprehend. Don’t be gullible to the deceitful words of Satan, please.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.