Divine Appointment

Hello,

Is this statement true?

Claims of divine appointment mean nothing if those who make them are not obedient to God and Christ

Matt. 7:21-23, JB: “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the person who does the will of my Father in heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

People can-and do- make all kinds of claims about themselves.

=thecone137;12952181]Hello,

Is this statement true?

Claims of divine appointment mean nothing if those who make them are not obedient to God and Christ

Matt. 7:21-23, JB: “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the person who does the will of my Father in heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

Your question is “subjective” so their will varying degrees to the answer.

Certainly one MUST be obedient to what God has mandated, ordained and commanded.

We WILL be judged on the decisions that we make.

BUT the “IF” here is actually knowing what in full God commands. If One is not fully cognizant, as understanding depends on God’s Grace and its acceptance, culpability degree will vary.

But your premise foundation is ROCK solid:thumbsup:

God Bless you,

Patrick

Your response leads me to think that disobedience will disqualify a bishop or pope from an an appointed position of authority ? Am I wrong to think that way?

Yes, ones actions must match ones claims.:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.