Divine Mercy Chaplet - 3 pm have your sins forgiven!

:)Hi guys:

Like last yr, I would like to encourage everyone to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. This is a very holy and powerful prayer that can allow your sins to be totally forgiven by Jesus if you are really sorry for your sins. This can be prayed anytime but Jesus has told us to pray at 3 o’clock on the first Sunday after Easter. Now although it is now wednesday, the whole thing last for 9 days so it’s still not too late. And anyway, the brochure i got says that you can really pray anytime, except that the first Sunday is the best time.

Jesus has mentioned “Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death.” he has also suggested “Even if there were a sinner most hardened, if he were to recite this chaplet only once, he wuld receive grace from My infinite mercy…I decided to grant unimaginable graces to those souls who trust in My mercy.”

this is a very, VERY good opportunity to pray for your sins so i would like to encourage all people to pray.

Jesus laid down 3 conditions necessary for the prayers:

1. The prayer is to be directed to Him.
  2. It is to take place at 3 pm, and it is to appeal to teh merits of His Passion.
  3. It is to be a prayer full of trust and accompanied by works of mercy toward one’s neighbor.

For how to pray, please search online for the process. Sorry, but it will take a long time to type it up. For the mystery, one very good website is

rosary-center.org/glorious.htm

Everyone should pray. :smiley:

Just a word of caution. As great and powerful as the Divine Mercy devotion is, in no way is it meant to replace the Sacrament of Confession, which of course is the ultimate expression of divine mercy!

So don’t anyone go assuming your mortal sins will be forgiven if you pray the Chaplet but neglect the confessional.

Very well said, and I would like to add the following. Mass on the television is really not sufficient for an able-bodied person.

2 Cor 13:13
Eddy Barry

Hi guys,

thanks for all your comments. But can i just ask what does a decade means in relation to the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

I know that in terms of the Rosary, it involves meditating on the mysteries, followed by 1 Our father, 10 Hail Mary and 1 Glory Be.

But on the brochure that i got, it does not say any of these. Instead, it tells me to:

• Read “For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world” for each of the 10 small beads of each decade.

So which way should i follow?

Thanks for reading all these and God bless all of u :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.