Divine Mercy Chaplet Questions

I have two questions about the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

1. When I pray the decades in the Chaplet, I like to offer it for a special intention. Does it have to relate to God’s mercy, such as the forgiveness of sins or repose of the soul of someone, or can it be for good health, peace throughout the world, etc.?

2. After I pray the ten “For the sake of…”, I like to add a “Glory Be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, now and for ever and ever, Amen.” Is this okay to do?

The Divine Mercy Chaplet is a private devotion, not a public liturgy, thus you can pray it any way you like. The Church does not regulate private prayers and devotions. Because it came from a private revelation, it is not binding on anyone.

Hi Christbearer,

Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

Yes, you can add whatever intentions and whatever prayers you want to add in to it as you pray it.

Yes you can pray whatever intentions as long as they agreeable to the will of God. I pray the Nicene Creed instead of the Apostle’s Creed because I can’t remember the Apostle’s Creed as it is not part of devotion in the Orthodox Church. God does not seem to mind as He enjoys anyone to pray the Chaplet as His Son has requested His Church to take part in it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.