Divine Mercy Message; and what do Protestants think about it?

I know Protestant complain too much about those Marian Apparitions. However, have they heard about Jesus Apparition or visitation to saints?

The most recent being Saint Faustina who was visited by Jesus Christ and told her about the importance of God’s Mercy.

Let me get some citations;

Jesus message from Sister Faustina’s Diary:

"Souls that make an appeal to My mercy delight me. To such souls I grant even more graces than they ask. I cannot punish even the greatest sinner if he makes an appeal to my compassion (Diary, 1146). Beg for mercy for the whole world (570). No soul that has called upon My mercy has ever been disappointed.

From the Bible:

“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.”

I could quote some more of Jesus’ message if any Non-Catholic is interested.

but here is one source where you can get it from:

thedivinemercy.org/message/

Please avoid attacking the message of the Divine Mercy. Your post should be fruitful and not hostile. I don’t what to see, the post like “The Divine Mercy Message that Sis. Faustina received is satanic.” Nope I don’t want to see that.

Be charitable. I deeply beg the Non-Catholic Christians to refrain from any sort of hostility.

Faustina also recorded that if any sinner, however hardened, would recite the chaplet just once, he would receive great mercy. I recite the chaplet daily, because I am going to need all the mercy I can get. :frowning:

Althought i aim a Catholic, but the message was powerful. Amen to that :wink:

How did she know it was Christ Himself? And why would He make a special appearance to this woman just to make such an insignicant message? You yourself point out that it was already written in Scripture.

Based on what Christ said in the Gospel account of John I would think He delights far more in those who believe in Him for eternal life, rather than just appeal to Him for “mercy.” I think He delights far more in those who, by faith, trust in His infinite mercy toward those who believe in Him, as demonstrated by the cross He bore, taking upon Himself their sins. What greater mercy is there than that? And He Himself said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Why then would He have to make a speicial visit to this woman?

The vision this woman saw, to me, does not seem consistent with what was already revealed about Christ and what He said regarding His faithfulness to those who are His in the Scriptures. Personally, I wouldn’t trust it.

Couple of months ago, a lady was dying at the hospital’s bed. People came to pray for her. Some was so worrying about Satan being around her, and they were so focusing on casting demons away. The lady gave them a facial impression that she did not like the way they were doing.

The group stopped doing what they were doing and started to praise God Mercy. At that moment, she was happy and felt at ease right away. Later on that day, she passed away peacefully.

The vision was granted onto St. Faustina to deliever the message of the Divine Mercy, and recite the Divine Mercy Prayer at 3 pm the exact hour that Jesus died on the Cross.

The Divine Mercy Prayer ask to reflect or mediate on the image of Jesus:

http://www.konkanuae.com/home/images/news/358divine%20mercy.jpg

and recite the following prayers on a rosary:

Instruction on how to recite the Divine Mercy Image

The message of the Divine Mercy is consistent with the Scripture. Jesus in the Gospels demand deeds of Mercy, like feed the hungry, cloth the naked, visit the prison, etc.

Likewise, the message contain in Divine Mercy speaks of Jesus demanding us to act upon what he taught us,

“I demand from you deeds of mercy which are to arise out of love for Me. You are to show mercy to your neighbors always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to excuse yourself.” Diary 1317

Matthew 25: 31-46

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ Then he will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.'And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

I believe the Divine Mercy Devotion is a private revelation worthy of devoting oneself to Jesus.

I favor it second to Receiving Jesus Christ himself in Holy Communion.

Even if Jesus died on the Cross, how many Christians really believe in Him? How many people felt so guilty and think that their sins are never forgiven.

The message is insignificant to you, but there are many souls benefit from it - especially those who are dying as well as myself.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.