Divine Mercy Sunday

Please don’t forget that tomorrow is Divine Mercy Sunday.

Our Lord’s promise to grant complete forgiveness of sins and punishment on the Feast of Mercy is recorded three times in the Diary of St. Faustina, each time in a slightly different way.

“I want to grant a complete pardon to the souls that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion on the Feast of My Mercy.”
“Whoever approaches the Fountain of Life on this day will be granted complete forgiveness of sins and punishment.”
"That soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion will obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment.

Thanks for posting this!

I do the novena every year, but this year I have a problem with logistics re confession. I work a full time job and take care of an elderly person nights and Saturdays. My last confession was 8 days before Easter. My next opportunity would be next Saturday if I can’t get there today. What do you think? Does it “count”?

Understanding Divine Mercy Sunday

Donkey, the site you linked to was inaccessible.

*I would like to know that also.

Thank you for this blessed thread! Praying for all of our intentions tomorrow…and always.*

I ended up going to Mass twice today, with my family in the morning and with my confirmation class at night. I recieved Communion with my family and Reconciliation with my class. I hope it’s ok that I didn’t recieve Communion after going to Confession.

-Jeanne

Of course, you’ve already received Communion in the morning.

I guess God understands every situation. Anyway, you can always look for another opportunity to gain plenary indulgence.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.