Divine Mercy Sunday??

This past weekend I attended Mass at a parish other than my own and there was a paper in the vestibule…“The Divine Mercy Times”. The paper said that next Sunday is Divine Mercy Sunday. My own parish made no mention of it recently. Is this a church wide celebration, or a local celebration?
Many Thanks,
Kathy

Hi, On Good friday we started the Divine Mercy Novena…I do know of a parish that had a prayer afternoon on sunday for the Divine Mercy Novena as well…the Divine Mercy Sunday…which was confession, The chaplet of the Divine Mercy, and Mass.

Diary 669,998

hope this helps…:slight_smile:

Im in Melbourne Australia…so not sure if this the same in the USA n so on…

[quote=Katie1723]This past weekend I attended Mass at a parish other than my own and there was a paper in the vestibule…“The Divine Mercy Times”. The paper said that next Sunday is Divine Mercy Sunday. My own parish made no mention of it recently. Is this a church wide celebration, or a local celebration?
Many Thanks,
Kathy
[/quote]

Worldwide. I first heard of it myself this last Sunday. Here is my link to the thread: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?postid=531046#poststop

Visit www.thedivinemercy.org for plenty of great information on the Divine Mercy devotion, Divine Mercy Sunday, St. Faustina and the Church’s endorsement of the Divine Mercy.

+veritas+

I’m so glad the church is celebrating this wonderful devotion! Our parish is having a Feast of Divine Mercy on Sun. April 3rd at 2:30pm. I’ll be there!!

Colleen

The Divine Mercy Sunday is a new date on the calendar established by the current pope.

Although I’m not quite sure why Quasimodo Sunday was scratched, its theme seemed particularly appropriate especially since its become much more common to just bring new people into the church on Easter, and the first Sunday after would be their first time at mass since converting.

As newborn babes, desire the rational milk without guile, that thereby you may grow unto salvation

[quote=Kielbasi]The Divine Mercy Sunday is a new date on the calendar established by the current pope.

Although I’m not quite sure why Quasimodo Sunday was scratched, its theme seemed particularly appropriate especially since its become much more common to just bring new people into the church on Easter, and the first Sunday after would be their first time at mass since converting.
[/quote]

The Church must listen to the Lord.
Anyways, why would you deny what a good Polish nun wrote down? Are you sometype of unpatriotic, German loving Polak? :wink: I’m just kidding, don’t take it seriously.

[quote=Kielbasi]The Divine Mercy Sunday is a new date on the calendar established by the current pope.

[/quote]

The Theme of Quasimodo Sunday was not necessarily scratched. The Gospel reading is pretty much still the same, it is still the ocatave day of Easter. It seems appropriate that our Lord would request that the Octave Day be devoted to his Divine Mercy. Remember in the Gospel reading, Christ gives his Apostles the authority to forgive sins.

The Divine Mercy Novena is beautiful and very much needed in our time. Just look at what is going on in the world!! :eek:

[quote=AnnaRose]The Divine Mercy Novena is beautiful and very much needed in our time. Just look at what is going on in the world!! :eek:
[/quote]

yeah :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.