DIVINE MERCY- we need mercy

Please see the links
divinemercysunday.com/
thedivinemercy.org/message/acts/

This corresponds to this Sunday, the Sunday after East: April 19. I am such a sinner I cannot miss this special grace. My conscience is heavy, I need His mercy.

This will help you understand the Divine Mercy image
http://www.diometuchen.org/media/files/worship/Divine%20Mercy%20Portrait.jpg

We all need His mercy.From what I have heard-Mass must be attended on Sunday for the mercy intention. It does not include Sat. evening Mass.

In those links it says that one can go to confession about 20 days before or after Divine Mercy Sunday. I went to confession before Easter (the Saturday two weeks before Easter Sunday). This was about 22 days before this Sunday. Would this still count. Also, what does total detachment from venial sins mean?

I don’t know where you read that going to confession about 20 days before Divine Mercy Sunday would count. If its supposed to be within 20 days, your out of range by two days. I really don’t know the answer to that specific question, but the Feast of Divine Mercy is explicitly on Sunday, the Sunday after Easter. It shouldn’t take more than the time of mass and confession. I would suggest to anyone to go to Church on this day, because it is Jesus’ desire for us. Our Lord Jesus said, “The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain the complete forgiveness of sins and punishment. On that day all the divine floodgates through which graces flow are opened.” (Diary, 699)

This is such a good opportunity to tell family members who haven’t gone to mass at all or who have gone to mass rarely to participate on this day with an open heart toward the Lord.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.