Divinity of Jesus

A friend of mine just told me that he believes Jesus was a married man, and was mortal… i think he is getting this from the davinci code… what should i tell him other than he’s a goof?

Where can I find good on-line resources to send him on this specific subject? (I mean the divinity of Jesus)

[quote=Catholic Tom]A friend of mine just told me that he believes Jesus was a married man, and was mortal… i think he is getting this from the davinci code… what should i tell him other than he’s a goof?

Where can I find good on-line resources to send him on this specific subject? (I mean the divinity of Jesus)
[/quote]

The Bible is a good place to start. Ask your friend to pray to the Holy Spirit to guide him as he reads the Word of God.

It worked wonders for me.

Give him a copy of Carl Olson’s The Da Vinci Hoax, or read the book yourself and learn the arguments.

Is there anything readily on-line to counter this rejection of the Divinity of Jesus that anyone knows of?

[quote=Catholic Tom]Is there anything readily on-line to counter this rejection of the Divinity of Jesus that anyone knows of?
[/quote]

If you are referring to scriptural passages that proves the divinity of Jesus, you can click HERE.

I hope it helps.

Gerry :slight_smile:

For anyone who takes *The DaVinci Code * seriously, scripture probably won’t help, for they all believe that only The DaVinci Code is inerrant.

I am catholic, but, I read a great book from a protestant believe it or not. Josh mcdowel’s book 2nd edition “The Evidence demands a verdict” is rich with resources about christ, based on science, history, ect. He tackles many arguments against the bible and Jesus life and his events in detail. It also was very nuetral as far as apologetics. It did not take an us vs them atitude with any religious affiliation. The book is about 25 dollars.

[quote=JimG]For anyone who takes *The DaVinci Code *seriously, scripture probably won’t help, for they all believe that only The DaVinci Code is inerrant.
[/quote]

Indeed. These people act as if they do not believe in scripture, or treat it as no more than fiction, yet they in the same token treat the Da Vinci Code as being practically inerrant.

One could almost laugh in bitter irony.

Gerry :slight_smile:

Someone told me “I should not readily dismiss the claims of the book as untrue until I’ve read them.” I told her,“It’s fiction. If you want to argue that our Lord was married and had children, you have a funny way of proving it.”

Now, something tells me I should have responded “You should not readily dismiss the Gospels as untrue until you’ve read all of them”, because I suspect she really hasn’t finish a single Gospel yet.

But the point is, it’s fiction. And the Gospels ain’t.

Huston Smith, in his book World Religions, wrote that only two people in the world were ever so amazing that people asked “What is he?” instead of “Who is he?” These two people were Jesus and Buddha, and they gave diametrically opposed answers to the question. Buddha never claimed to be anything other an enlightened man. When his disciples asked where to find salvation, Buddha told them, “Look within.” Jesus, on the other hand, claimed to God. When his disciples asked about salvation, Jesus said, “Look to me.”

This claim by Jesus, that he is God, that he is source of salvation, is the single most radical, unusual, and unbelievable claim ever made by a religious figure. No other founder of a major world religion has ever claimed to be God. Of course, by now, at least the Jehovah’s Witnesses are shaking their heads, saying Jesus never made any such claim. This is, however, a case of the tail wagging the dog, since the people manning the Watchtower first denied Jesus’s divinity and then re-interpreted the New Testament and historical Christianity to fit their preconceived ideas. Still, in the interest of fairness, let’s look at just a few examples Jesus claiming to be divine.

1. Jesus referred to himself as the Son of God. In John’s Gospel, he refers to himself as God’s only begotten son. The implication should be obvious. I have a son, Christopher. I am a human being; so is Christopher. That’s what it means to beget. My children are of the same species, the same nature, as me. So too with God. Jesus claimed to the Son of God, God’s only begotten son. God is divine; so to, by definition, is his son.

2. Jesus claimed to be sinless. He claimed authority to forgive sins. The Jews reacted to this statement, “Who can forgive sins but God alone?” The answer is, of course, no one.

3. Jesus claimed to save people from sin and death. “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will never die.” He claimed he came down from heaven to earth. He claimed that he would again come down from heaven to earth, and would then judge everyone, the living and the dead.

4. A point seldom noticed is that Jesus changed Simon’s name to Peter. For a Jew, to change a name was reserved for God alone. God changed Abram to Abraham, Sarai to Sarah, Jacob to Israel. Such a change in name always indicated a change in destiny.

5. Most clearly of all, Jesus used the divine name as his own. “In truth I tell you, before Abraham was, I am.” Jesus claimed the sacred name revealed by God to Moses. The Jews who heard Jesus’s words reacted as demanded by their faith. They tried to kill Jesus for blasphemy.

(For Jesus being God, see also: 1 Cor 8:6, 12:3; Phil 2:6, 2:11; Mt 11:27, 18:20, 28:20; Mk 12:6, 13:32, 14:61-62; Lk 10:22, 22:70; Jn 1:1, 1:3, 8:46, 10:30, 14:9; Titus 2:13; 1 Jn 5:20; Rom 9:5, Col 1:15-20; Heb 1:3, 1:10-12, 7:26, 13:8; Rev 1:8, 22:13; and 2 Cor 5:21. There are more; this is just the short list.)

Now, of course, just because the New Testament claims Jesus claimed to be divine doesn’t mean the claim is true. It is possible Jesus lied or was mistaken. It is possible Jesus was misunderstood. It is possible the Apostles, who wrote the New Testament, either lied or were mistaken. It is also possible that the New Testament itself was later altered or a mythic layer was added to basic story of Jesus’s life. Also, to be intellectually honest, we must admit the possibility that Jesus’s claim to be God is in fact the truth.

“Nonsense,” says the skeptic. “There is no possibility that Jesus was in fact God.”

(to be continued)

– Mark L. Chance.

(continued from previous post)

If only skeptics were more skeptical and less dogmatic. Note that admitting the possibility of a thing is in no way an admission of that thing’s truth. Before that admission could be honestly made, all of the other possibilties have to be examined and refuted. After all, lots of things that were possible in fact aren’t true. For one example, it was possible my son would have brown hair. Since his hair is blond, that possibility is obviously not the same thing as the truth. There are six reasons why it is at least possible that Jesus really was God Incarnate:

1. Jesus’s divinity is what C.S. Lewis called “myth become fact.” Myths of a god who came down from heaven, or who died and then rose from dead for the life of man, are nearly universal, found in all places at all times in all cultures. Many people, for some reason, think this actually disproves Jesus being divine. This is, however, a bit illogical. The more witnesses to an event, the more likely the event actually occured. The more foreshadowings of an event, the more like the event will actually occur.

2. Many people claim the Incarnation is contradictory. No one can be both God and human at the same time. But consider this: If I am a novelist, can I not insert myself into my novel as one of the characters? By analogy, if God is the author of creation, could He not insert Himself into creation as one the creatures?

3. Critics who say the Incarnation is impossible also aren’t being very honest. Who is the skeptic to tell God what He can or cannot do? Many people think the doctrine of the Incarnation claims too much. It seems reasonable to point out that those same people claim to know even more by claiming they know what God can or cannot do.

4. Or, to put a spin on number three, if God exists, then God must be omnipotent, meaning He must be able to do anything that is meaningful, anything that does not involve a self-contradiction. God couldn’t create a rock that isn’t a rock. That would be meaningless. He also couldn’t create a rock so heavy he couldn’t lift it. That would be a self-contradiction. The Incarnation, however miraculous, is neither meaningless nor self-contradictory.

5. Lower things are transformed into higher things everyday. Food is transformed into the human body. Mere noise is transformed into music. Separate colors are transformed into works of art. So, then, what is so impossible about a man being transformed into God? Of course, this isn’t quite how the Incarnation happened, but it does point out that the idea itself isn’t impossible.

6. Even if God-nature and human-nature are opposites, it doesn’t involve contradiction to claim the two could exist at the same time in the same person. Just consider yourself. You are one person, but you are both spatial (your body) and non-spatial (your thoughts). There are the physical reactions associated with thought (synapses firing and all that) and then there are the thoughts themselves, like Einstein’s Theory of Relativity, which can hardly be accounted for as just the accidental by product of physical processes.

And so, we are now ready to move on. Anybody who has honestly read the Gospels admits that Jesus was a good and wise man, one of the greatest moral teachers of history. This is usually as much as non-Christians will admit to, and therein lies the error because it ignores the crucial bit of data. Jesus of Nazareth claimed to be God. If he wrong, he was not wise. If he lied, he was not good. There are five things Jesus could have been, and none them is a wise, good teacher.

1. Jesus was either God, a liar, a lunatic, a guru, or a myth.

2. Jesus could not possibly be a liar, a lunatic, a guru, or a myth.

3. Therefore, Jesus is God.

(to be continued)

– Mark L. Chance.

Certainly, about now, the non-Christians are laughing derisively. After all, proposition number two above hardly seems like proof. Why couldn’t Jesus have been either a liar, a lunatic, a guru, or a myth? If he could have been any of those things, why should anyone believe the outrageous claim that Jesus is God? Good questions that deserve good answers. They are also questions that lead naturally to another question: If Jesus couldn’t have been a liar, a lunatic, a guru, or a myth, am I willing to admit the truth of the only remaining option? If the answer to this last question isn’t “Yes”, then I am not being honest or rational.

Why Jesus Couldn’t Have Been a Liar.

Aut deus aut homo malus. “Either God or a bad man.” This is one of the oldest arguments for Jesus’s divinity. It looks something like this:

1. Jesus was either God (if he did not lie about who he was) or a bad man (if he did lie).

2. But Jesus was not a bad man.

3. Therefore, Jesus is God.

Anyone would be very hard pressed indeed to refute the second premise. Who can honestly examine Jesus’s teachings and conclude that he was a bad man? So, what non-Christians are left with is trying to refute the first proposition. In effect, one must maintain that Jesus lied about being God and yet he was still a good man. But this leads a problem. How could a mere man who lied, claiming to be God, leading throughout the years millions of people astray from the truth, be considered good? If the Incarnation is not the truth, it is the most monstrous lie ever.

What’s more, it is a lie that Jesus was willing to die for. It is also a rather foolish lie, because the Jews of first century Palestine were absolutely the last people in the world likely to believe that a man could be God. Liars lie for what they can get out of not telling the truth. What did Jesus get for his lie? Hatred and death. That is an extremely unbelievable motivation.

Why Jesus Couldn’t Have Been a Lunatic.

Well, fine, people say. Jesus wasn’t a bad man, so he couldn’t have been a liar. So let’s come up with some way of explaining Jesus’s claim to be God that doesn’t involve Jesus lying. The first possibility is that Jesus wasn’t lying when he claimed to be God, but he still wasn’t God. In other words, Jesus only believed he was God, but he was mistaken. In other words, Jesus was a lunatic, a crazy person, a psychopath.

Unforunately for the skeptic, this is impossible. Assume for a minute Jesus was insane. Well, then, he certainly cannot be characterized as a good, wise teacher. He may not have been morally bad (meaning he deliberately deceived others) but he was mentally bad (meaning he was deceived himself). A lunatic may not be a liar, but he certainly isn’t much more trustworthy. Both the liar and the lunatic hypotheses contradict the available data about Jesus. The available data shows clearly that Jesus was both good and wise. A liar isn’t good; a lunatic isn’t wise.

Consult a psychiatric reference book about the psychopathology of the “divinity complex.” It is a real insanity. There are crazy people who think they are God. The problem is that Jesus doesn’t fit the profile. The psychopathology of the “divinity complex” includes the inability to love and understand others, inability to be creative, predictability, dullness, inflexibility, narcissism, and egotism. These traits do not fit the character of Jesus as shown in the available data. Jesus not able to love? Jesus not creative? Jesus predictable, dull, or inflexible? Jesus narcissistic or egotistical?

(to be continued)

– Mark L. Chance.

So far, two options have been eliminated. Jesus couldn’t have been a liar and he couldn’t have been a lunatic. Let’s take a moment to sum up:

1. Jesus couldn’t have been a liar or a lunatic because the psychological profiles don’t line up. Jesus was not selfish or unloving. He was wise and passionate about helping others.

2. There is no conceivable motive for Jesus to lie about being God. It brought him hatred, torture, and death.

3. Lying about being God was the most unbelievable lie for the Jews, whose faith is built on the complete distinctness of God from man. Jesus was a Jew, and he would have known no one would believe such a great lie.

4. Number four also applies to the lunatic hypothesis. Believing himself to be God would be the most amazing, most severe form of insanity for a Jew. Furthermore, even if a Jew were this insane, no other Jew would believe him. Claiming to be God was blasphemy, for which the Jews thought death the only suitable punishment.

“Wait a minute,” the skeptic says. “Maybe it wasn’t Jesus was lying or crazy. Maybe it was his disciples who either invented the lie or who were insane.” Unfortunately, for the non-Christian, neither of these spins on the liar or lunatic hypotheses hold water, and for all the same reasons they don’t work with Jesus. All Jesus’s first disciples were Jews, who, again, were the least likely people in the world to believe such an outrageous lie (unless, of course, it wasn’t really a lie). The disciples don’t manifest the psychological traits of liars or lunatics. If they lied, they also gained hatred, torture, and death. If they were insane, what accounts for the mass insanity? How could have a group of lunatics invented such a compelling fictional story? How could their insanity transformed them from a bunch of frightened peasants into a missionary force strong enough to challenge the Roman Empire (and win)? What’s more, how could this insanity be responsible for not only duping but also transforming so many millions of people for the past 2000 years?

Why Jesus Couldn’t Have Been a Myth?

The answer to the last question is usually this: It is only in this century that experts in religion have discovered that Jesus’s claims to be divine are myth, added to the original data of Jesus’s life. After all, Buddha’s life was later embellished with a layer of myth attributing divine attributes to Buddha. Why couldn’t the same thing have happened to Jesus? At least in academic circles, this is the most popular hypothesis, often trumpeted by Christian theologians and philosopher who, in the process, have done more to destroy the faith of people than any other force in society.

The myth hypothesis is a subtle claim. It doesn’t deny that Jesus ever lived, which no one with a knowledge of history could ever seriously claim. It doesn’t deny that Jesus was a good, wise teacher, which no one who has honestly read the Gospels could ever seriously claim. Instead, it denies that Jesus ever claimed to be divine or that he ever performed any miracles. This is the sort of work the Jesus Seminar is involved in. Scholars seek to demythologize the New Testament in order to discover the true Jesus who was hidden under layers of mythical additions by succeeding generations.

(to be continuned)

– Mark L. Chance.

But, again, the available data about Jesus makes the myth hypothesis impossible.

1. Contrary to popular belief, the documents of the New Testament are as good or better evidence than all other ancient documents. There are about 500 copies of New Testament documents dated prior to 500 AD. The only other ancient texts that compare are the fifty copies of the Illiad that date to within 500 years of its origin. There is only one late copy of Tacitus’s Annals, but no one hesitates to treat that as accurate history. The early manuscripts of or related to the New Testament are not only numerous and old, they are also mutually reinforcing and consistent. The few discrepancies that do exist are never substantial. The fact is, if the New Testament did not include miracles, no one would be reluctant to accept it as accurate history. In other words, what is active is not scientific analysis of the text, but a philosophical prejudice against miracles.

2. If Jesus’s divinity is a myth invented by later generations, then there must have been at least two or three generations between the original eyewitnesses and the work of the myth-makers. Buddha, for example, wasn’t turned into a god until two to three centuries after his death. If there was not a sizable gap in time, the myth would not have ever been believed, because the eyewitnesses (friend and foe to Jesus alike) could easily contradict it with their own testimony. Unfortunatley, for the demythologizers, there is no evidence of anyone opposing the presumed myth of Jesus’s divinity. Furthermore, virtually all of the New Testament, most especially Paul’s letters and the Gospels, was written prior to the end of the 1st century AD. In other words, there would have been hundreds of eyewitnesses (friend and foe to Jesus alike) still alive when the myth was supposedly invented.

3. If later generations took the original documents and changed them, where is the evidence? There is none internal to the documents themselves. Non-biblical writings by both Christians and non-Christians of the early centuries of Christianity contain no evidence of any tampering with the original texts. What’s more, such tampering would have been impossible to begin with. Who could have orchestrated a conspiracy so vast, so successful, and so insidious that it could have collected, altered, and destroyed thousands of original documents, and then redistributed the forgeries, all without a single person living at that time noticing the changes?

4. The style of the Gospels is not myth. Instead, the Gospels are written in the style of eyewitness, although unscientific, descriptions of actual events. If the events of the Gospels did not happen, then the Gospel writers invented realistic fantasy fiction in the 1st century AD. The Gospels are full of tiny, sometimes inconsequential details, reflecting both external observations and internal feelings. The Gospels show what life was like in first-century Palestine for a Jew. There are no anachronisms in either language or content anywhere in the Gospels.

5. Jesus’s claim to be God is the only thing that makes sense of his crucifixion. The pagan Romans wouldn’t have executed a man for claiming to be God. The Roman attitude was the more gods, the better. Only the Jews considered claims to be God blasphemy, deserving capital punishment. Jesus wasn’t an enemy of Rome. The available data shows Jesus had no political ambitions. In fact, he actively sought to distance himself from politics. He didn’t preach about freeing the Jewish people from Roman oppression; he preached about freeing all people from sin’s oppression.

(to be continued)

– Mark L. Chance.

1. There are four Gospels, not just one. Each one was written by a different person, at a different time, and in different places for different audiences. No other ancient personage or series of events has this sort of documentary testimony. The only discrepancies between the Gospels are chronological (and only Luke’s claims to be chronological) and accidental (as in numbers, such as did the women see two angels in the empty tomb or only one?). Again, if it weren’t for the modern prejudice against miracles, no one would question the historical value of the Gospels.

2. If the divinity of Jesus is a myth, who invented it? The myth would have certainly been established prior to the 4th century, but what motive would there have been for doing so? Prior to the Edict of Milan in 313 AD, Christians were subject to legal persecution, torture, and execution. No one invents a myth in order to be hated and hunted. If the myth-makers didn’t know they would be hated and hunted prior to making up the myth, they certainly would have dropped the pretense once the persecutions began. But, there is absolutely no evidence of anyone, not even those people who recanted their Christianity in order to save their lives, ever admitting that Jesus’s divinity was a myth that they had fabricated.

3. First century Jews and Christians weren’t prone to believe in myths. They both opposed the pagan polytheism and syncretism so predominant in the Roman Empire of their day. The Apostle Peter even points out that the Gospels are historical fact, not “cleverly devised myths” (2 Peter 2:16). If Peter was wrong, then we’re back to the liar or lunatic hypotheses, both of which have been refuted.

Why Jesus Could Not Have Been a Guru.

Jesus could not have been a liar, a lunatic, or a myth. Non-Christians are left with one hypothesis: Jesus was a guru. When Jesus spoke of being God, he was lying and he wasn’t crazy, but he didn’t mean to be taken so literally. Jesus meant he was God in a mystical sense, in the same sense used by a Hindu or Buddhist guru. We are all God, but we just don’t realize it. Jesus, being an enlightened guru, realized his own inner divinity, and tried to teach others about their own inner divinity. Of course, if Jesus was a guru, he was the worst guru ever, for no one, not even his closest disciples, ever managed to get a single one of his teaching correct for nearly 2000 years.

Basically, there is only one problem with the guru hypothesis: Jesus was a Jew. No Jew has ever been a guru; no guru has ever been a Jew. We have to completely remove Jesus from his historical, religious, cultural, and racial roots in order to claim that he was guru. The teachings of gurus (whether they be Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist, or New Age) stand in sharp contradiction to Judaism. Gurus are polytheistic, pantheistic, mythical, and mystical in their teachings. Judaism explicitly contradicts ever one of these points.
(to be continued)

– Mark L. Chance.

Why Jesus Couldn’t Be a Guru

1. Judaism is a public religion involving community observance of public law (the Torah) and belief in a public book (the Scriptures). Gurus teach a private, individual, interior religion that cannot be properly communicated in words, but instead must be experienced by each person individually.

2. Gurus believe in an immanent, pantheistic God. Enlightenment consists of realizing that everything, including the self, is really the same as this God. Judaism’s doctrine is that God is completely distinct from His creation. There is an infinite gap between God and man. To confuse the self with God is blasphemy of the highest degree. If a guru says, “I am God”, he is to be congratulated for knowing the truth. If a Jew says, “I am God”, he is to put to death for blasphemy.

3. Judaism teaches God is a person. His name, revealed to Moses, is I AM. For gurus, I is the name of the ultimate illusion. There is no self, no I, and in order to attain supreme truth, the illusion of individuality must be destroyed.

4. For gurus, time and history are also illusions that fool the unenlightened mind. Buddha taught that miracles were bad because they would lead people into believing that the illusory world was somehow real and important. Judaism, in contrast, is a religion of historical events, many of the miraculous interventions by God into history itself.

5. Gurus teach that God is unknowable except wordlessly in direct, individual, mystical experience. Judaism teaches that God made Himself known publicly by acting in history and by divinely inspiring the writers of Scripture.

6. For Jews, God is active. He seeks out people, and calls them to Himself. Gurus teach that God is passive. Religion for the gurus consists of our search for God. For the Jews, our search for God always fails. True religion is based on God’s search for us.

7. The God of Judaism is a moralist. He loves what is good and hates what is evil. He gives commandments, and then holds His people accountable to them. The God of the gurus is amoral. There are no commandments or laws, for good and evil are both illusions that deceive only the unenlightened mind.

8. Gurus do not teach about Hell. There may be temporary purgatories, but everyone always gets another chance in another life. Eventually, everyone will reach enlightenment. Judaism (and certainly Jesus and Christianity as well) teaches of an ultimate, eternal judgement by God. It teaches that it is possible for someone to be eternally separated from God, which is the defintion of Hell.
    (to be continued)

– Mark L. Chance.

(Continued from previous post)

What We Are Left With

There are five possibilities for Jesus’s claim to be God. Either Jesus is a liar, a lunatic, a myth, a guru, or else he really is God. Through process of elimination, the only option left is that Jesus really is God. No other option hold up to rational examination.

It is possible that Jesus is God. There are no internal or external contradictions in the idea. Not one single fact of history, science, philosophy, or common knowledge refutes it. It is also probable that Jesus is God. God, if He is God, could have become a man. For the pragmatic, it must be admitted that belief in Jesus as God works. Christianity has transformed lives and created saints. Even Freud, a distinguished atheist, believed Christianity desirable, but false, because it was too good to be true. Christianity gives hope to the bleakest of lives in the darkest of times. Finally, as shown above, it is the only rational, honest possibility left open. If we are also rational and honest, the data must compel us to accept that Jesus really is God.

So why doesn’t everyone believe? So why hasn’t every non-Christian who’s read this converted?

1. Not for rational reasons. Every argument against the divinity of Christ has been refuted.

2. Non-Christians often don’t reject Christ, but instead reject other Christians. G.K. Chesteron wisely observed, “The only good argument against Christianity is Christians.” This is, of course, not rational. It can be used to justify disbelief in anything, in everything.

3. People fear the authority and the teachings of Christ. In other words, the refusal to believe is moral. If I admit Jesus is God, then I must - if I to be honest - admit that he alone has absolute authority over every aspect of my life, including whatever my favorite sins happen to be. It is sin that rejects Christ. By analogy, a cancer fears a surgeon, because the surgeon is the cancer’s enemy. Sin is the cancer of the soul, and it fears Christ, who alone has the power to destroy sin. At the root of sin is usually pride, the stubborn refusal to admit that I am wrong and God is right.

4. Prejudice against miracles and the supernatural often plays a part. Belief in Jesus as God breaks down the comfortable, secular boxes many people put their lives into.

5. It is not fashionable to believe Jesus is God. Fear of rejection and love of approval can be powerful motivators.

6. And, finally, we come back to our true religion: the religion of equality. If I accept that Jesus is God, then I must also accept that Jesus alone is the way, the truth, and the life, and that no other paths lead to Heaven, to happiness, to salvation. If Jesus is God, his person and teaching are superior to all other religious persons and teachings.

Non-Christians usually claim to be non-Christians because they are tough-minded, skeptical, scientific, logical, and honest. In reality, however, the things that keep people from believing Jesus is God are the exact same things Christians are accused of: wishful thinking, subjectivism, fear, prejudice, and selfishness. As has been shown above, the tough-minded, skeptical, scientific, logical, and honest examination of Jesus’s claim to be God shows clearly that, in fact, Jesus is God.

Any other conclusion is just plain wrong. – Mark L. Chance.

About the Davinci Code and other books of fiction; this is what St. Paul warned us:

“Now the Spirit explicitly says that in the last times some will turn away from the faith by paying attention to deceitful spirits and demonic instructions through the hypocrisy of liars with branded consciences.” (1 Tim 4:1-2)

“Avoid profane and silly myths. Train yourself for devotion…”(1 Tim 4:7)

“For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine but, following their own desires and insatiable curiosity, will accumulate teachers and will stop listening to the truth and will be diverted to myths.” (2 Tim 4:4)

Pio

[quote=Catholic Tom]Is there anything readily on-line to counter this rejection of the Divinity of Jesus that anyone knows of?
[/quote]

aside from right here on CA
www.DaVinciHoax.com from Ignatius press, Carl Olson and Sandra Miesel
www.osv.com/davinci from Our Sunday Visitor, Amy Wellborn

Once again, you all never cease to amaze me. Thanks for all the help.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.