divorce

I am deployed right now in the middle east. My wife told me she wanted a divorce that she wasnt happy and she was no longer in love with me. these things did not come up untill a few days before i left and she did not show any signs of this before.she was happy go lucky we did everything together. i do not want this divorce i am still very much in love with her. I do not think a divorce is the best thing i would like to try to work things out and see what we can do to make this work. I think if i was home things would be different and we would try to work on things. If anyone has any advise please give it to me if not please pray for me and my wife Lindsey. We have been together for 7 years and i would l love to keep it going.

Have you sought marriage counseling? It might be helpful.

I am praying for you. :signofcross: :gopray2:

i have asked her before i left but she said no not right now. that was then she now just saying its over but tells me it is nothing i have done wrong that she loves me more than anything and that i am an amazing person. She talks so greta about me but says she wants a divordce still

I can not think of any solution to your problem, except to trust in the Lord that he will see you through this.

Dear Lord, give us faith and wisdom to know that your way is right. We are but feeble men; have mercy on us for our sins in weakness, for we realize that you are king of the universe. We try to be perfect in everything we do but cannot live through life without your incredible love.

All glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be: world without end. Amen.

Praying for you and your wife.

Praying for you and your wife right now.

I’m no expert, but I believe you should talk to the base chaplin. I’m pretty sure that he has experienced this kind of thing before and could give you some great advice.

I am sad that when you are distant and have your own difficulties to deal with in the middle east, you wife has chosen this time. I ask God to lead your wife to love you, not selfishly but with generous, genuine love. I ask God to comfort and strengthen you, and to get you through all this torment. Take care of yourself…Trishie

Praying for you and your wife. Know that our prayers are with you junior…

You and your wife are in my prayers.

Dear Lord, please enter into this relationship and bind these two together, stronger than ever, despite the miles between them. Tough their hearts, especially the heart of Lindsey, and help them to come closer to You and each other. In Jesus name we pray.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Still praying for you Junior.

Praying hard for you and your wife!

Still have you and your wife in my prayers…

Prayed for your intentions in my rosary today.

I will pray hard for you and your wife.
:crossrc:

still praying…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.