Divorced/annulled involved in Pre-Canna

Would it be prudent for a person who is annulled to get involved in the Pre-Canna program at her church? She feels called to help others to not have to go through what she went through, a sort of "learning by my mistakes" approach to better discernment. Or do you think that pre-canna instruction should be left to people in successful marriages? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

[quote="polki, post:1, topic:320230"]
Would it be prudent for a person who is annulled to get involved in the Pre-Canna program at her church? She feels called to help others to not have to go through what she went through, a sort of "learning by my mistakes" approach to better discernment. Or do you think that pre-canna instruction should be left to people in successful marriages? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

[/quote]

Hi.

Since you have a "clean slate" in the Church, and provided that you have taken sufficient instruction from your parish priest and other authorities in your diocese for Pre-Cana instruction, there shouldn't be a reason you couldn't help. In fact, you'd have a vested interest in insuring that others *never *have to follow your particular example, and can warn others that the nullity process is not guaranteed and is an arduous, painful process. You would be a better guide in a couple's discernment than some, I feel.

[quote="polki, post:1, topic:320230"]

[/quote]

My comment would be, that we must always remember our own fallen nature, we are all sinners. just my very own worthless :twocents:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.