DivorceHotel Where You Check In Married, Check Out Divorced All In Just 1 Weekend

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Instead of a destination wedding, couples can now have a destination divorce.

To avoid what can be a drawn-out and contentious process, couples who want to officially split can make it quick and hopefully easy by checking into DivorceHotel, where they check in married and check out divorced, all in one weekend.

For the price of $8,000 to $12,000, mediators and lawyers can help soon-to-be divorcees cut the cord in just two days.

losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/11/18/divorcehotel-where-you-check-in-married-check-out-divorced-all-in-just-1-weekend/

Why was my wife on Priceline all night?

Oh well, I can’t wait for our vacation! She said it’s a suprise!

:slight_smile:

Sounds like Reno or Tiajuna in the old days; you could get a divorce and marry the next one within 24 hours.:juggle:

That seems pretty steep when they could do the same thing for under $500 themselves, assuming they both agree on all terms. Being that it is in LA, I bet it will be very successful though, people out there seem to have more money than they know what to do with.

It may smell like teen spirit, but it sounds like Brittany Spears.

How sad! I can actually see some sick reality show coming from this. :rolleyes:

Im actually surprised there has not been an effort to make divorce much cheaper, in a hedonistic world like ours, I would think they would like to make it as easy as possible to give up on their vows, just imagine if cost of divorce was the same of a basic marriage, I bet divorce rates would be thru the roof!

There is already a show called “Married at First Sight” :rolleyes: so I really wouldn’t be surprised. Some people have money to burn…

Lou

for really low budgets, maybe we will start seeing it on the drive-thru menu :rolleyes:

8000 dollars is actually not that expensive. Some spouses will willingly throw away life savings on fees to make sure they get their way. A while ago there was a story over a couple who could not mediate who got custody of the frozen turkey. I know of couples fighting over china and silverware because the wife said they were gifts to her, the husband said they were from his mom.

In the next town over from me there is a place that advertises with huge signs in the windows divorce for $400 and no spouse signature required.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.