Divorcing non-christian

Dear Forum,

I have had a hard day and I guess I just need some prayers. I’ve been married to a non-christian man for about 7 months and it was hard-- he was very emotionally intimate with other (non-christian) men and women of varying morality to the point that it was a total turn-off, and not very good on the marriage vows. He has a strange religion, as I discovered, where he worships “connection” to people, an earth-like god, and his own passions, mostly slacking off. I ended up moving out, and he didn’t have a change of heart, so I ended up filing for divorce which I felt was what God was calling me to do the whole time anyway.

I guess, I am crying out to God and saying, “yes, you are my God” and hoping for some relief. I have so many people praying for my husband, but only God can turn the hearts of non-believers to him. I am also 6 months pregnant with our child and Lord knows I did not want to raise the baby in divorce. I have no money and it may seem that he will try to get the child, and isn’t helping me with anything even though I’m almost homeless.

The Lord says, “I can do all things in Him who gives me strength.”

Thoughts and prayers are much welcomed.
Lily

Praying for you.

God bless

jesus g

I hope you have a good lawyer and that everything works out for you and the baby.

I have prayed for you and your baby, Lily, and I will continue to do so. God bless.

I’m really sorry about your situation. Try to contact Family Services. They should help you financially. Also, there are Crisis Pregnancy centers that offer free baby clothes, etc., to give you free help with the baby’s needs. I will keep you in my prayers.

Lord, please meet the spiritual and temporal needs of Lily and help her to persevere in grace. Please put a good, holy priest in her life and help her to pray a lot, to keep her close to you and to give her assistance and strength. May she cling to you like a Rock at this difficult time and keep her life centered on you. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Thank you and God bless you!

~Lily

Praying for you and your child, Lily. Pray without ceasing.:gopray:

Lily ~ I am praying for you, your husband, and your baby.
Please trust in God and do all things that bring Him glory. Pray for your husband. Pray for your situation, for your child. Pray, pray, pray.

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
**- Deuteronomy 31:8 **

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee oh Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Lily, you have my prayers. I will pray that He guides you. I don’t really know very much about you or your husband. You should go to the priest and ask him about your marraige. Did you marry in the Church? Perhaps this would be a situation of an annulment…you will have to talk to him about this. As for the precious baby you are caring. You have choices. You can choose to raise this child yourself or you can choose to place your child into the arms of adoptive parents. My daughter and her husband have 2 sons. Both were lovingly placed for adoption. It has been an enormous blessing to our family. We pray for these birthmothers often they are so special to us. One of our grandsons came through Bethany Adoption Service and our second grandson came through Catholic Charities. Whether you decide to raise this little one or place the child for adoption is your decision, either way I will pray for you.

Blessings,
mlz

I pray that God will comfort you each and every day throughout this troubling time and beyond.
I pray that He can open your eyes and heart and you can see and feel His ultimate love for you.

Never forget. You are loved.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying for you and your husband …

Praying hard for you Lily.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.