DNA Evidence Can Be Fabricated, Scientists Show

NO LONGER A GOLD STANDARD: DNA Evidence Can Be Fabricated, Scientists Show.
The scientists fabricated blood and saliva samples containing DNA from a person other than the donor of the blood and saliva. They also showed that if they had access to a DNA profile in a database, they could construct a sample of DNA to match that profile without obtaining any tissue from that person.
“You can just engineer a crime scene,” said Dan Frumkin, lead author of the paper, which has been published online by the journal Forensic Science International: Genetics. “Any biology undergraduate could perform this.”
All scientific evidence is less determinative than people pretend, but this is certainly big news. Glenn Reynolds pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/themes/instapundit_iran/images/permalink.gif

So what they’re saying is that dishonest people can rig the data?

Which is another reason why we need to be a Christian country, one that values honesty and integrity. How can a country function if you have to have watchers watching the police and the crime labs? Will we need watchers watching the watchers?

I think we need to learn how those third world countries bribe their officials. It’s nothing my parents or grandparents ever needed to know, but it’s not looking good here…

this is not good news! here i thought we finally had something we could count on to give us dfinitive proof that someone was or was not at the scene of the crime.

this could turn the court system upside down as people start calling for appeals to their cases where they were convicted on no other evidence, but DNA.

I totally agree with you incense. We need to be a Christian nation. We need morality in this nation. If we were a more moral nation, we wouldn’t have nearly as many problems as we do now.

No matter how Christian a country is, you should always watch the police like a hawk. To sum it upo quickly, I’ve had a few cops tell me causally over drinks that their right to have as smooth a shift as possible and to go home at the end of the shift unmolested always trumps anyone elses rights.

Didn’t mean to generalize all cops, it’s just I believe we should watch ALL those that work for the government closely as they are our employees and we are the employer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.