DNA modification: can I claim the throne of England?

Daughters of the American Revolution?

1 Like

Indeed. I have in mind more of a two-stage process. First, Britain becomes Catholic again, then it restores the British Empire. I know that by the time the British (English) Empire took off, England was already a Protestant country. I see this as a way of building the greatest Catholic empire in the history of the world.

1 Like

Oh, you might do better to start with Spain, a wholesome Catholic monarchy. Begin by applying to join the United Mexican States, perhaps. After all, you’ve got possession of quite a bit of Mexico to start with. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice story for alternate worlds fiction, GK who posts here and I can both recommend you several books with that as a theme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavane_(novel)#:~:text=Pavane%20is%20an%20alternative%20history%20science%20fiction%20fix-up,"The%20White%20Boat"%2C%20was%20added%20in%20later%20editions.

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct

1 Like

There have been claims that the british crown is elective since the War of the Roses.

Of course, this claim is generally made by the king that has won the war of succession . . .

But it brought about the interesting possibility of skipping over Charles . . .

They an when they win the war of succession!

(of course, that would probably bring jacobite claimants out of the woodwork . . )

You understand that it’s done with a vertical tap on the shoulder with the flat of the sword, and not a horizontal swipe with the sharp edge, aren’t you?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

But if strange women in lakes start handing out swords again . . .

2 Likes

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

1 Like

According to what incontrovertible principle? The assertion of the self appointed and unmandated Founding Fathers of the US? Or the scribblings of Rousseau and his friends?

It’s a quote from Monty Python in response to a similar joke by Dochawk.

When I look back on a long and idle life, I see certain milestones, dates when an age passed. They would include the point when people no longer recognised ITMA catchphrases (which I knew because my parents kept repeating them), and when people no longer recognised jokes from the Goon Show. If we have now reached the stage when people no longer recognise lines from Python I must be getting extraordinarily old indeed.

O quam cito transit gloria mundi

1 Like

Me too I think…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.