Do all the members of your family believe in the "real presence"?

Do all the members of your family believe in the "real presence "??

YES THEY DO absolutely.

1 Like

That depends on what you mean by family. Spouse and children? Parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews?

Absolutely every member of my family, both immediate & others.

Unfortunately none of my family :frowning:

Some do, some dont.

YES. Totally.
:latin_cross::latin_cross::latin_cross:

Parents, brothers, sisters, husband, children= DEFINITELY

some nieces and nephews and their spouses.

Nope, I’m the only Catholic in my family.

So far as I know, no one in my family does. But none of them are Catholic. Someone in my extended family is a fallen away Catholic.

I’m the only Catholic. I pray for my family.

4 Likes

Well, my mother is Jewish, so no. My father, yes. My brothers, yes. My sisters, for some reason, I don’t think so, but I can’t be sure. Me, yes, of course. My cousins only believe in moonshine.

Most do some don’t ,Praying for members family here that don’t :pray:t3:

I don’t know, to be honest. I do. My mother does. My uncle (Mom’s brother) does. My cousin (Mom’s brother’s son) and his wife do. The Husband (Protestant) and his mother (fallen-away Catholic) do not. Not sure about anyone else. :woman_shrugging:

I’m another “only Catholic in the family”, so no.

I doubt it.

[16 characters]

When I show up for Eucharistic Adoration or Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration, after I genuflect and take a seat, I start with: “I’m back.”

My family, when we get together, usually doesn’t sit around and discuss theology.

So there is really no way to definitively know.

Although, we’re spread out wide enough over the continent, I’d be really surprised if the answer was “yes”.

Step-dad’s an atheist, brother left the faith, i don’t know if my mom is still Catholic but she has a hard time believing in the real presence.

I believe it though :slightly_smiling_face:

My mom, an ex-Catholic, doesn’t believe it and my sister is an atheist. My dad and one brother certainly did and the other one didn’t . Other, younger relatives go to Church on Sunday and may (or may not) believe. We don’t talk about religion in my family – too many fights and name calling.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.