Do Angels have The Holy Spirit?

I saw this question over at Quora, I just had to ask it here.

Angels were created by God,I would think that the Love was instilled in them by the Holy Spirit The breath of Life given to them is the same breath of life given to us. Angels though not human are capable of love, understanding and watching over: us in our journey through life. God Blessed them and Blessed us. :butterfly::butterfly:

Then what happened to that Love that was instilled in Satan? After all he is an
Angel, like it or not.

It was diminished and replaced with hate and greed.

I think that good angels would have the beatific vision. Their spirit and mind would be united to God. But since angels don’t have bodies their Intellect and wills would be united to God without a body. This is something hard for us to imagine since we are so used to bodies. So their union with God would be greater because they have a greater capacity than us more limited creatures. However, our natures will be elevated in heaven through grace in order to have a greater union than would be possible otherwise. Angels are higher than us by nature. Yet some angels still serve us. Like guardian angels which according to Aquinas are the lowest division of angels. And each angel is created uniquely and is its own species.

The angels were created spiritual beings and given the gift of supernatural grace like Adam and Eve were. Some of the angels sinned grievously and fell irrevocably, as did Adam and Eve, but not irrevocably, later. Each person has a guardian angel, according to the teaching of the Catholic Church. Matthew 18:10 See that you despise not one of these little ones: for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

Thank you for the input. I do believe however that Angels do love, care and understand as they accompany us through life Yes they are spiritual beings;created by God therefore does He not love them too?. I am not a theologian, I do however understand and believe that the Holy Spirit does dwell within Angels even as He dwells in us. God Bless::butterfly::butterfly:

Yes, in those angels that have not fallen. And God does love the angels.

Catechism

342 The hierarchy of creatures is expressed by the order of the “six days”, from the less perfect to the more perfect. God loves all his creatures 209 and takes care of each one, even the sparrow. Nevertheless, Jesus said: “You are of more value than many sparrows”, or again: “Of how much more value is a man than a sheep!” 210
209 Cf. Ps 145:9.
210 Lk 12:6-7; Mt 12:12.

Agreed…again thank you…We all learn from one another and we strive to give. with the help of God our best. May God Bless you.:butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.