Do animals have souls? Do they go to Heaven?

Do animals have souls? Do they go to Heaven? I believe we are to be respectful and kind to every animal on the planet. God provided them to us with the understanding that we would honor them as creatures of God. The giant factory farming industry has reduced animals to nothing more than dollar signs and I think it is wrong and against what God would want us to do. I pray for every animal that suffers at the hands of humanity every day. I would like to think that they will be there in Heaven waiting for me. I believe they have hearts and minds and even thoughts that are more than instinct! So do they have souls, as well? And I would really like the scripture backup for the answer. Thank you so much and God Bless.

The following links should answer your question about pets. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*] Do animals go to heaven?
*] Do animals enter the kingdom of heaven?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.