Do any of you leak?

Michelle Moran was for several years , and may still be , the President of ICCRS (International Catholic Charismatic Renewal Services) , and in 2007 she was appointed by Pope Benedict XVI to be a member of the Pontifical Council of the Laity .

In a talk she mentioned an incident in Billy Graham’s ministry . When doing his crusades around the world Billy Graham would pray for a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit on himself before each event . One of his friends who accompanied him on his crusades once asked why was he praying in this way , because if anyone was filled with the Holy Spirit it was Billy Graham .

Billy Graham’s reply was , " Yes . But I leak . "

I don’t know about anyone else , but I am in the same position as Billy Graham . I leak , and daily I need a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit .

That’s a strange notion. Is that so? Or do you mean it just feels that way?

“. . . out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water . . .”

The river needs to be constantly replenished.

D

For me it’s a truth .

If I sin , lack trust , am lukewarm , it’s like I’m letting the Gift of the Holy Spirit be wasted in me , or letting the Gift “leak”

Yes I see. I was reading about emotional IQ yesterday. It’s quite interesting but I have to say your posts are great. You must do a lot of research and I’m sure it’s appreciated by many others too. Thank you Rob2, it’s the Lords work I believe.

You know Rob I’ve come to Catholicism late in life and I’m wondering how much reading I need to do? Obviously I should reread the Catechism in its entirety, not an easy thing becasue I’m over sixty and the information isn’t retained quite so well as it once was. The scriptures. I was given the task of reading St Frances De Sales “treatise on the love God” a very long book, and one by St Thomas Aquinas. Any others you would prioritise for reading?

If anything, this shows that Billy Graham presumed he had the Holy Spirit. He did not respond humbly. The lesson to learn is not to be presumptuous.

I would not read too many books , but I would read a few books many times .

These two below I found good , and I don’t hesitate in recommending them . Plus any books by Father Raniero Cantalamessa .

Thanks , they look good.

I’m having a break now so I’ll wish you adieu.
God bless.

Too much information for me Gentleman! Consult with your physician :man_health_worker: :wink:

Interesting bit that’s actually the correct translation although in some translations they replaced belly with heart.

The belly is the cradle of life we consume food with it and new life grows inside it.

Not again :joy:

The modern world is an an environment that causes one to leak. Distraction and temptation are everywhere, as are a generally godless, prosaic atmosphere.

It Depends

Yes, but that does not change the main point.

D

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.