Do any of you seminarians or to-be seminarians do this?

I often find myself daydreaming what It would be like as a father. For instance, sometimes I pretend saying the institution of the Eucharist in the shower (where no one can hear me :thumbsup:). Other times, I pretend I have just acted in Persona Christi by consecrating it, and I am kneeling devoutly before the host as to encourage the congregation to more devoutly admire the Lord before they come and receive him. And I also daydream about doing really awesome stuff like almost being late to mass because I stopped by a severe wreck scene on the highway and gave a critically wounded person an emergency baptism (since I conveniently had a bottle of water in my car) and saved their soul.

I guess I really want to be one of those “Men in Black” :cool:

flash of light from a glowstick

[quote="Anthony_V, post:1, topic:244798"]
I often find myself daydreaming what It would be like as a father. For instance, sometimes I pretend saying the institution of the Eucharist in the shower (where no one can hear me :thumbsup:). Other times, I pretend I have just acted in Persona Christi by consecrating it, and I am kneeling devoutly before the host as to encourage the congregation to more devoutly admire the Lord before they come and receive him. And I also daydream about doing really awesome stuff like almost being late to mass because I stopped by a severe wreck scene on the highway and gave a critically wounded person an emergency baptism (since I conveniently had a bottle of water in my car) and saved their soul.

I guess I really want to be one of those "Men in Black" :cool:

flash of light from a glowstick

[/quote]

I have yes done some daydreaming. I think its normal, there is an obvious desire in your heart to want to become a priest, and I think this very well could be a part of it. I think most people who have an idea what they want to do with their life, day dream about it. Girls who want to be married, day dream about their weeding date all the time. Having daydreams about the desires you have is normal I would think.

I will probably be a seminary next semester btw.

[quote="catholictiger, post:2, topic:244798"]
I have yes done some daydreaming. I think its normal, there is an obvious desire in your heart to want to become a priest, and I think this very well could be a part of it. I think most people who have an idea what they want to do with their life, day dream about it. Girls who want to be married, day dream about their weeding date all the time. Having daydreams about the desires you have is normal I would think.

I will probably be a seminary next semester btw.

[/quote]

Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
I, on the other hand, have to finish a whole another year of high school before I can start studying :(
I feel like Therese of Liseux sometimes, always telling my mom I want to go in seminary now haha! Of course, I say it jokingly :p

thanks

and its great that you feel so confident in yoru discernment that you want out of high school, while I’m still young, I waited to years after high school to apply.

It excites me and gives me hope to see men in high school strongly considering a vocation to the priesthood.

This seminarian frequently thinks out homilies in his head. I know many of my brother seminarians do or did similar things. Some even would "celebrate Mass" as a way of playing when they were children.

You know how most people daydream about their marriage, especially women? Ya, well, I daydream about ordination day.

This excites me so much:

youtube.com/watch?v=sTtZhNijFgc

I often daydream about hearing confessions, giving Holy Communion, giving a homily, etc. I read in To Save a Thousand Souls that daydreaming about these things is typically what a man who has a true calling daydreams about.

Anyways, thinking about ordination, I think I'd be a hysterical wreck. So much pressure! How would I sleep that Friday night? Then thinking about all the people that would be there. :hypno:

This would be me the whole Mass: :bighanky:

[quote="Biedrik, post:5, topic:244798"]
Some even would "celebrate Mass" as a way of playing when they were children.

[/quote]

I used to do that as a kid. Wonderful memories. :)

I didn't even know there were that many priests in the entire world!

[quote="Anthony_V, post:8, topic:244798"]

I didn't even know there were that many priests in the entire world!

[/quote]

i heard in DC in one of the masses before march for life there were so many priest in one procession that it lasted 45 minuets :eek:. yeah there are alot of priest in the world its amazing.

Oh YES!!! All the time :smiley: I invision my self preaching and also saying the Holy Mass. I know this can be extreame but I also daydream about being persecuted for the sake of the kingdom like my favorite mexican priest martyr Padre Pro.

I also think about preaching to the youth at youth groups or retreats. It would be so cool and humbling to see young Catholics on fire with their faith. Then to preach to them about vocations! :D

Then I think about how little kids and old ladies flock to their priests, especially the young ones. :)

That is awesome! I can tell you are on fire with your Love of God and his priesthood. You remind me of my self at that age when i was discerning and please keep that joyful enthusiasm because i lost some of it since then. Not to say that i totally lost it, I still have plenty joy for the priesthood :smiley: but not the same as i was younger. I wish someone wouldve told me this when i was discerning so im going to tell you! Its is no brainer to most people but for me i was caught off guard :smiley: As you get closer to finally applying and entering the seminary, the temptations will go up. Be strong and get ready! The Last thing the Devil wants you to do is become a priest. You are a threat to him and he will do anything in his power to stop you but do not fear for God is good will take care of you. Just accept God’s grace when times get tough. Entering my senior year at high school there was so many temptations, especially women, thrown at me that had me question my vocation but God in his mercy did not let me slip away. It was a tough year but i feel it made me a better person and strenghtened my desires for Holy Orders. Almost every seminarian have or will go through this so just pray to God to give you the strenght for any upcoming trials. But im sure you will handle it better than i did :stuck_out_tongue:

CatholicGuy22, it’s always a pleasure to read what you have to say!

I have noticed that sometimes I have doubts, and I attribute to this being one of Satan’s attempts. Whenever it gets bad, I always have the voice in my heart that seems to say, “The last thing that Satan wants of you is to be another priest in his battelfield.” This reassures me that I am going in the right direction. I just keep praying and that voice in my heart - that loving presence of Jesus Christ - tells me that all will be fine and to keep his vocation to the priesthood in my heart. This all started to happen as I met my vocations director to start the “official” discernment process. Satan is going to try his best, but God is always better. I know that Satan knew that God had something in store for me since my birth, but God is always with me in this journey. I also just always remember what my vocations director told me: “It’s pretty obvious this is the path that God has prepared for you. You can see it, I can see it, and the whole parish of yours can see it.” Satan is trying to hold me back, but there is just so much “right” with the priesthood, if you know what I’m saying.

Here’s a video for you guys to see. I think that you would like to note of the last four pictures on the video. :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzFhZ7VDxUg

[quote="CatholicZ09, post:13, topic:244798"]
CatholicGuy22, it's always a pleasure to read what you have to say!

I have noticed that sometimes I have doubts, and I attribute to this being one of Satan's attempts. Whenever it gets bad, I always have the voice in my heart that seems to say, "The last thing that Satan wants of you is to be another priest in his battelfield." This reassures me that I am going in the right direction. I just keep praying and that voice in my heart - that loving presence of Jesus Christ - tells me that all will be fine and to keep his vocation to the priesthood in my heart. This all started to happen as I met my vocations director to start the "official" discernment process. Satan is going to try his best, but God is always better. I know that Satan knew that God had something in store for me since my birth, but God is always with me in this journey. I also just always remember what my vocations director told me: "It's pretty obvious this is the path that God has prepared for you. You can see it, I can see it, and the whole parish of yours can see it." Satan is trying to hold me back, but there is just so much "right" with the priesthood, if you know what I'm saying.

[/quote]

Thats great to hear that you are getting tempted because i am dead serious when i say this but I never had temtpations to stop pursing the priesthood in my Junior year of HS :D I always thought to myself "why arent there more priests? Its so easy!" :p But like i said it really hit hard in my senior year. But you seem to have it together, Stay Strong and keep fighting the good fight!

Anyway back to the topic of the thread:

Do any of you picture your self wearing a cassock and a biretta?

[quote="CatholicGuy22, post:15, topic:244798"]

Do any of you picture your self wearing a cassock and a biretta?

[/quote]

I can see myself wearing a cassock, but I don't know about a biretta. :o

I can see myself rocking the collar, though. :D

Really :eek: you dont like a biretta like the priest below is wearing. They are so cool!!! But maby thats why people tell me i have bad taste in headwear :stuck_out_tongue:

I also have a question. Does anyone else's room look like a sanctuary? Is it just me? :D

Now that I look around, I think that people would wonder if my room was the home chapel or something.

Mine does also hahahaha I have a crucifix by my bed, a shelf with all my sacramentals on it, and I use all white sheets, blankets, and pillow covers on the bed itself :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and of course, I have an iHome on another shelf that I use to play some Gregorian chant.

1:57
Holy. Lord. Jesus.
I about soiled my pants upon seeing that picture! I wish I could see what goes on during the consecration! God, why do I have to wait so long to see you in your glory? I’m going to throw a tantrum now…

[quote="CatholicZ09, post:18, topic:244798"]
I also have a question. Does anyone else's room look like a sanctuary? Is it just me? :D

Now that I look around, I think that people would wonder if my room was the home chapel or something.

[/quote]

I don't but it is filled with Catholic images, and crosses and such.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.