Do Any One Know The Meaning Of Assalaam O Alaikyum

Can any one post Luke 24:36. Than I will start my conversation. Thank You

to answer the question in your thread - does it mean “peace be with you”?

You are 100% right its means “Peace Be With You”. Thank you and please kindly post luke 24:36 know to see what jesus used to say to their follower while starting conversation. What is Hi, Hello, Wuz Up, What up, Was Happening. This is wrong way to greet people right way is to say Assalaam O Alaikyum which jesus used to say. Thank You.

what exactly are you getting at?

well, that’s how we greet people in my church…:slight_smile:

That Islam is the true religion. Believe It’s Or Not. By the way no body post luke 24:36. I shall be thankful to you if someone post it. Peace be with you!

" As they were saying this, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you.”

I don’t see the point here. This is a statement not a command.

how can you be both shia and sunni?

why does the way we greet one another mean that Islam is the true religion?

Peace Be With You = Assalaam O Alaikyum

Luke 24:36 (New International Version)

Jesus Appears to the Disciples
36While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

We can see from this verse that jesus disciples were real muslims and followers. not like now a day christian they donot know what is their religion is. Disciples are the true follower not like now christians are the true believer of jesus coz they forget what teaching of jesus pbut are. Salaam O Alaikyum!

Because Jesus greeted people with the Salaam Islam is the true religion? What?

That doesn’t have anything to do with the legitimacy of either the theology of Christianity or Islam.

Which in Jesus’ case was most likely “Shalom aleichem”, in Hebrew.

Jesus was a Jew, and used the traditional Jewish greeting. AFAIK, Jews – especially Orthodox – still use this greeting.

This one thing does not make Jesus or the Jews Muslim, and does not make Islam right.

This is wrong way to greet people right way is to say Assalaam O Alaikyum which jesus used to say.

tomshaikh,

Peace be with you,

Jesus did not speak Arabic. He spoke Aramaic as the common day to day language. Here is Luke 24:36 in the Syriac-Aramaic script:

[RIGHT]ܘܟܕ ܗܠܝܢ ܡܡܠܠܝܢ ܗܘܘ ܝܫܘܥ ܩܡ ܒܝܢܬܗܘܢ ܘܐܡܪ ܠܗܘܢ ܫܠܡܐ ܥܡܟܘܢ ܐܢܐ ܐܢܐ ܠܐ ܬܕܚܠܘܢ ܀[/RIGHT]

The part in red is: Peace to you (or Peace be with you). In the classical Eastern Aramaic dialect (Chaldean-Assyrian Aramaic), we pronounce it as: Shlama 'amkhon. This is how we greet each other in the holy liturgy, our worship service, when the priest says to us: Shlama 'amkhon (Peace be with you), and we the people respond: 'Amakh w’am ruhakh (With you, and with your spirit).

In Iraq, the Chaldean and Assyrian Christians continue to speak Aramaic on a daily basis with each other at home and in the community, by using a modern dialect of Eastern Aramaic. We continue to greet each other with the peace greeting. When we interact with the Muslims, we use the Arabic greeting so that they may understand us, but when we speak with one another as followers of Jesus, we use the Aramaic greeting.

God bless,

Rony

I’ve asked the poster the same question already and have received no answer…

QUOTE=tomshaikh;5453725]

~ ***snip ***~

We can see from this verse that jesus disciples were real muslims and followers.

The term “muslim” was coined in the 7th century with mohamad. Jesus apostles were not muslims.

not like now a day christian they donot know what is their religion is.

I beg to differ, we know exactly what our religion is. The above is obviously your opinion and it’s flawed.

Disciples are the true follower not like now christians are the true believer of jesus coz they forget what teaching of jesus pbut are.

Really? Care to enlighten us with your accusation.

Salaam O Alaikyum!

Perhaps we might not say this repetitive phrase in our everyday conversation as if it’s an obsessiveness and compulsive behavior, at least you don’t see Christians blowing up buildings and people on a daily basis as the “peace be on you” muslims do.

So much with “peace be with you” coming from muslims and islam.

QUOTE=tomshaikh;5453656]

That Islam is the true religion. Believe It’s Or Not.

Islam is not a religion but an idiology - it’s a way of life for muslims. I’m sure you don’t want me to detail everything that is compiled into islam.

Remember what Jesus Christ said:

**John 14:6 (King James Version)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.**

~ snip ~

Islam is not “the true religion” because it rejects the very scriptures that it relies on for its own validity. Islam in effect is self-contradictory. That’s why it is not “the true religion”. [A case has even been made that it isn’t even a religion at all.]

that seems a bit unfair to me. though otherwise I agree 100% and on the topic of radical Islam I have other opinions that I will reveal if you want just PM me

Assalaam O Alaikyum it’s (SHALOM 'ALEKHEIM שָׁלוֹם עֲלֵיכֶם) the hebrew salutation stolen by muhamad as all his fake religion stolen from methodolgies and jedaism … etc

That Islam is the true religion. Believe It’s Or Not. By the way no body post luke 24:36. I shall be thankful to you if someone post it. Peace be with you

**No, it isn’t.

How can any religion invented by a pedophile be true?**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.