Do blessed Palm Branches ward off evil?

After googling and reading many articles that are across the spectrum on this I am more confused than ever. Is it plausible that an evil spirit would sense the palm branches in my house and in essence do a U turn and leave because of them? I put one on an inside wall of my house on all four directions (North, South, East, West). I know that it is ultimately God that protects my home & family so am I being superstitious? What do you do with your palm leaves and what do you believe they do?

*************Edited to add: I was going to delete this post as I have my answer now but that option is no longer available. I just came across an article that answers my question and it cites its source as the USCCB so that is definitive enough for me. "**Palms or olive branches should not be kept as amulets, or for therapeutic or magical reasons to dispel evil spirits or to prevent the damage these cause in the fields or in the homes, all of which can assume a certain superstitious guise.

Palms and olive branches are kept in the home as a witness to faith in Jesus Christ, the messianic king, and in his Paschal Victory.**

The entire article is here diocesepvd.org/04-13-14-holy-week-palm-sunday-of-the-lords-passion/

Thank you for sharing. It is always a blessing to have a question of faith, and a double blessing when it comes with the answer.

:blessyou:

:hmmm:

Sacramentals repel demons.
Blessed palms are particularly useful because they represent Christ’s pascal victory over sin and Satan.

Yes, and since they are blessed & represent Christ's Pascal Victory demons are quite put off when around Blessed palm fronds.

Many Blessings,
BP

Palms are sacramentals, not magic. God wards off evil. Don’t look for lucky charms or “things” to ward off evil. Stay close to God. Don’t look to things.

Palms are not sacramentals. * Blessed* Palms are sacramentals. God does ward off evil. It is God’s power called upon by invoking the Holy Spirit during the blessing which is responsible for the efficacy of sacramentals.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.