Do Catholics know the real Jesus?

Hello I’m Alexander (edited personal information) and I’m 21 years old. I’m new to Forums and I would like to talk and share Christ Jesus with anyone that would like to hear His Word. I’m a “Christian” a believer in Christ, faccording to God’s word. I’m not hear to argure but state facts. I not here to say what is "right and what is “wrong”. I’m here to pray for the catholics in hope that they will see the Christ as He is.:slight_smile:

Hello,

As a Catholic, I do know Jesus, I am lucky enough to receive at least once a week at the Holy Mass, Body, Blood and Soul just as He promised all of us Christians, in John 6.

I also get to be in His Church and follow all of His commandments just as He intended when He started His ONE holy Church 2000 years ago and which only exist in the CC.

Welcome to the Forum and I know that if you stick around and learn you will see that Catholics are Christian and are VERY close to our Lord Jesus.

and I’m 21 years old. I’m new to Forums and I would like to talk and share Christ Jesus with anyone that would like to hear His Word. I’m a “Christian” a believer in Christ, faccording to God’s word. I’m not hear to argure but state facts. I not here to say what is "right and what is “wrong”. I’m here to pray for the catholics in hope that they will see the Christ as He is.:slight_smile:

Alexander,

Welcome. I haven’t been on the forums long but I’d like to make some observations about the way you’ve worded your post. You say you’re not here to argue but state facts. What facts would you like to state? You say you’re not here to say what is right and what is wrong but the way you word your next sentence appears as if you are making a judgement of some kind. You stated that you are "here to pray for the catholics in hope that they will see the Christ as He is. " It certainly appears as if you are inferring that Catholics do NOT see Christ as He is. If that is what you are trying to infer, then you are indeed making a judgement of some kind and you are indeed trying to say what is right and what is wrong. Can you please clarify my observations about the way you have worded your post? Thank you and welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

B. J.

Hello Alexander and welcome,

Our act of faith in the great mystery of Christ’s Church means far more than belief in a wonderful world-wide organization of millions of men and women, united as no other group of men and women has ever been in belief, in practice, and in central government; it means that there circulates throughout the Church the life of grace which Christ came to bring into the world, linking together the members of the Church under Christ their Head with such closeness of union that Head and members form a unique reality: the mystical Body of Christ. Our act of faith in the Church is an act of faith in Christ ever active in our midst, ever speaking, ever teaching, ever guiding, ever sanctifying those who are one with Him, through the organism he has willed should exist in the world.

I am a cradle Catholic, and our Catholic Church, whom Jesus Christ founded, we know Jesus very well. In fact, he is truly present in all the tabernacles of the Catholic (and even Orthodox) churches.

We Catholics have a much deeper relationship and intimacy with Jesus Christ. In our Divine Liturgy, or the Mass, we received the Body and Blood of the Lord during the Communion Distribution. Though the appearance remain unchanged, Jesus’ substantial presence is in the Bread that we eat, and the Wine that we drink.

These are no longer ordinary wine or bread, but Jesus Christ himself. For in John 6:52-58, it reads,

The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me. This is the bread which came down from heaven, not such as the fathers ate and died, he who eats this bread will live forever." This he said in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

Talk about real intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, we Catholics have. So yes, we Catholics who practice and live our faith know Jesus. The questions, remain, do you really know Jesus?

This is a very thoughtful and patient post. Thank you for stating what I had hope to say but in a very Christ like way. :slight_smile:

You cannot separate Jesus from the church, the Catholic Church
. Accordingly one can only know the real Jesus if they are a member of the Catholic Church, I invite you to contact your local Catholic church-there may still be time for you to be able to receive the body of Christ on Holy Saturday. And my friend you cannot have a closer relationship with Jesus than consuming his body and drinking his blood

Some Protestants have this premise that you can separate Jesus and the Church…

Hi, I haven’t had a vision or anything where I could see Jesus plainly or even talk to him plainly as two humans would normally talk. I’ve come to know him through his words recorded in the bible and in a much less clear way through prayer. But I’d be glad to hear about your experience of Him.

Welcome Alexander!

Do you know Christ as He is? Please share what you know ***all ***about Him, and I like you to share your thought on His Humility as start.

Thanks!

Hi, Alexander, pleased to meet you. My name is Paul and I’m 42.

Yes, I love the Lord Jesus with all my heart. I have built my life on Him. My wife and I (both Catholic) read the Bible together every night before bed, one chapter per night. We also talk to Him every evening at prayer and receive Him into our very beings every time we receive Eucharist. Next Sunday, our newborn son Joshua will be born again in baptism, joining God’s family. Our family loves Jesus!

From a Catholic perspective, I feel I know Jesus in the most intimate way possible. I have beheld Him in the Blessed Sacrament and I have communed with Him in a real way-- by consuming His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. I am able to participate in the One True and eternal Sacrifice of Christ and, during the Mass, I am able to join in the liturgy of heaven made present on earth. What an awesome experience.

Because many non-Catholics (excluding Orthodox) do not receive the Sacraments that give us God’s grace through faith, I feel they limit their knowledge of the “real Jesus”. That is not to say they do not love Him, I’m sure they love Him as much as I do. However, they do not recognize what He taught us about His Church, the authority He gave her, the reality of His Body and Blood in the Bread and the Wine, the necessity of Baptism and Reconcilliation, etc. I think this greatly impacts their knowledge of Him.

Please state whatever facts you wish. Be advised that what you think of as biblical facts may in fact be your perceptions. A perception that may not reflect the teachings of the earliest Christians… the ones who knew the apostles. However, it may surprise and delight you to know, as we dialogue, that though we are sinners, we Catholics have a passionate love for Christ. We seek Him through His Holy Church and through His Holy Word in Scripture.

lol, come off it, I believe in Jesus, I work in a ministry where all we do is talk about Jesus. All the theology you rely on to talk about Jesus comes from Catholics. You will get theologically ripped apart here, these people are smart.

I can’t wait to hear these facts

[sign]***Welcome to CAF!***[/sign]

I’m new to Forums and I would like to talk and share Christ Jesus with anyone that would like to hear His Word.

Ok…Just bear in mind that we will “share Christ Jesus with” you in return. This will not be a one way street. If that is the way you intend to present yourself you may want to rethink it.

I’m a “Christian” a believer in Christ, faccording to God’s word.

That’s good.

I’m not hear to argure but state facts.

This is where I begin to see a problem. What makes your particular “facts” different or better than what I already believe. Before you go nuts trying to “evangelize” me or “witness” to me, I suggest that you give a very careful reading to My Testimony. I was a non-Catholic Christian for longer than you’ve been alive so far, and in total, I’ve now been a Catholic longer than you’ve been alive so far, so I don’t come at this discussion from some ignorant or unbelieving place.

I not here to say what is "right and what is “wrong”.

Really? Well then what will you share? Something subjective? Even when Our Lord Himself tells us, “…I am the way, and the truth, and the life…”
[FONT=Verdana][size=3]Y’see, Catholics believe in absolute truth and the fullness of it. If there is no absolute truth, then of course, there is no right or wrong. Praise Be To God that is not the case![/size][/FONT]

I’m here to pray for the catholics in hope that they will see the Christ as He is.:slight_smile:

Really? So you are saying that we do not see and know Christ as he is? How odd… I have read the Bible several times over and continue to do so. I attend Mass every Sunday and daily whenever I can and each time I do I am exposed to another reading from the Gospels and it is always about Christ and that goes on all year long, every year. One of the two very holy priests that serve my parish will then offer a homily that is always geared toward a deeper faith in and relationship with Our Lord Jesus Christ. So I not only know of Him, but I know Him better than I can even express sometimes. The Lord and I have been through a great deal together.

So…by all means… enlighten me if you have something I need to see, but just keep in mind that it is my personal opinion that most non-Catholic faith communities actually qualify and preaching a different and deficient gospel of modern origin.

thank you for your good wishes
Catholics see and know Christ in the manner in which He commanded on the night before he died, namely in the celebration of the Eucharist and all the sacraments that flow from the blood and water from his side on Calvary. as he said, unless you eat my Body and drink my Blood you shall not have eternal life, so that is what we do and why we do it.

Welcome to the Catholic Answers Forum

Perhaps when you return today, you will tell us which of the Protestant churches you belong to. Your bio did not say.

Also, knowing that Jesus founded only ONE Church, and that was 2000 years ago,

and knowing that none of the protestant churches began until the 16th century,

and knowing that each of them was started by a man (or woman)

how can YOU expect to know the real Jesus if your began your quest by walking away from Him?

I hope this wasn’t a hit and run post.

I know many Protestants come here thinking that Spirit has led them to come evangelize the Catholics but in reality I believe the Spirit sends them here to learn the truth.

:clapping: :amen:

Gee I think I know Jesus - let’s see now - -

I believe in God,
The Father The almighty,
Creator of Heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ His only Son, our Lord,
Conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate, Was crucified, died and was buried.
He decended into hell and on the Third day He rose again.
He ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right and of God the Father the Almighty from whence He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, The Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgivenss of sins and life everlasting.
Amen

I pray thusly:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Jesus came for the salvation of all men, He preached a Gospel of Love and unity, and I will try to be worthy of the Love shown to me by my God.

How’s that?

Peace
James

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.