Do Catholics read New Testament psalms proverbs

Do Catholics read New Testament psalms proverbs people were handing them out and gave me one and I was gonna give it to someone I know and I just wanna make sure it’s the one that Catholics read cause I don’t know

Of course, Catholics read the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs.
Most use Catholic translations.
Your profile says you are Roman Catholic.

Oh so I can give it to my friend it’s the right version of the Bible?

Oh sorry I reread it thanks lol

Yea I am Roman Catholic

Why did you ask then if Catholics read the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs?
I am confused.

Cause I don’t know what version cause I just got back into my faith last year I only started to read the Bible last year and I don’t know what version it is

Why is there a difference between Catholics and Roman Catholics? I don’t understand

the Roman Catholic Church is one of many and the largest part of the Catholic
Church. There are 23 or 24 churches that are under the authority of the Pope.are

The book you have on the New Testament,
Psalms and Proverbs should say what translarion it is.

Congratulations on returning to the faith.
If you have any other questions, don’t be afraid to ask.
I am a convert, but people here at CAF will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks appreciate it

Usually the version is near the beginning few pages of the Bible. How many books daes the OT contain? 39 or 46. If 39, it’s one of the non Catholic Bibles that do not have the deutero-canonical books.

It’s just those mini versions in books the people hand out on the street he was just passing them out all it says is the New Testament of our lord and savior Jesus Christ with psalms and proverbs

I mean mini version of the Bible

Ahhh. It should still tell you which version it is by reading the introductory comments. Does it have a Inpramatur or Nihil Obstat?

It says quoting the ESV Bible

It says The ESV Bible translation carries for the historic stream of Bible translation in English exemplified especially by the king James version Bible

ESV is usually an Evangelical Protestant version. Useful for reading, but may contain some questionable notes.

My bad I think it’s english standard version it’s a Christian business

Of course we do. I’m curious to know why you would think we don’t.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.