Do demons retain disease in the body 100% of the time leading to death?

Hi,

Apart from original or actual sin, do demons cause 100% of diseases and have the authority to retain them in the body? I believe since we live in a fallen world with original sin, sickness and disease is the natural cause that eventually leads to death.

I saw this: Vatican bishop diagnoses sin as cause of sickness
guardian.co.uk/world/2002/feb/07/rorycarroll

"A demon under every rock"? I don't think there isn't dogma or doctrine on this question, if so, please share it.

I am trying to determine the role of demons with regards to human and animal disease. If demons have the right to retain sickness in a human or animal, then could it be said the consequence of sin is physical (and spiritual) death, but not only physical (and spiritual) death caused by natural disease, but also by demonic influences of sorts 100% of the time? Thereby all human death is related to demonic influence.

Thank you,
Brian

[quote="GodHeals, post:1, topic:315709"]
Hi,

Apart from original or actual sin, do demons cause 100% of diseases and have the authority to retain them in the body? I believe since we live in a fallen world with original sin, sickness and disease is the natural cause that eventually leads to death.

"A demon under every rock"? I don't think there isn't dogma or doctrine on this question, if so, please share it.

I am trying to determine the role of demons with regards to human and animal disease. If demons have the right to retain sickness in a human or animal, then could it be said the consequence of sin is physical (and spiritual) death, but not only physical (and spiritual) death caused by natural disease, but also by demonic influences of sorts 100% of the time? Thereby all human death is related to demonic influence.

Thank you,
Brian

[/quote]

Demons do not have such complete control of our bodies. If they did, they would undoubtedly make the whole human race lethally sick and exterminate us.

Demons CAN have a small level of influence, with the permission of God, but it is accurate to say that most sicknesses are caused by natural causes. That is not to say, however, that demons can't put evil thoughts into the head of the sick person to depress them and prolong their sickness.

By no means is 100% of natural death due to demons. Bacteria, viruses, and other natural causes take care of that.

[quote="dshix, post:2, topic:315709"]
Demons do not have such complete control of our bodies. If they did, they would undoubtedly make the whole human race lethally sick and exterminate us.

Demons CAN have a small level of influence, with the permission of God, but it is accurate to say that most sicknesses are caused by natural causes. That is not to say, however, that demons can't put evil thoughts into the head of the sick person to depress them and prolong their sickness.

By no means is 100% of natural death due to demons. Bacteria, viruses, and other natural causes take care of that.

[/quote]

Yes, i tend to lean towards the effects of original sin on our environment, namely natural disease. I am just trying to determine, based on personal experience and that article, how much is retained in the body based on demonic activity or us unwilling to repent. I know Jesus said that our personal sin is not that cause of every part of our personal suffering.

No, they don't.

Satan had to get permission from God to bring harm to Job.

A lot of disease is hereditary ....due to a stain upon our DNA from sin of first man/woman. Other disease is brought on by bad morals. Other disease from environmental factors ...cigs, radiation, bad water & spoiled food, etc.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.