Do dogs go to heaven?

I have a very special dog. His name is Camus. He is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He has a cute little face. He is my best friend. Sometimes he eats his poop, but he tries to be good. He cries when I leave the room sometimes because he loves me. I am a Catholic. I am very sick. Can I take Camus to heaven with me? I don’t want him to cry because he misses me.

If so, will he poop there? And maybe an angel would “scoop” it quicker than he could get to it? Because I wouldn’t want God to be mad.

Thank You. And I’m sorry if this was a dumb question but it means a lot to me.

fzfk

Dear Fritzie,

Scripture tells us that at the end of the world God will make all creation new. We aren’t clear about how He is going to do this. But dogs certainly are a part of creation. So it will be fun to see what God has planned. One thing we do know is that there is no poop in heaven. Those who are their, won’t have to take care of their bodies the way they had to on earth.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.