Do Eastern Catholics in union with Rome have to believe in all the dogmas proclaimed by the Roman Church?

I was told once by a Catholic that Eastern Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy believe exactly the same.

Thus, Eastern Catholics in union with Rome do not have to believe in the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. They do not have to believe in papal infallibility. They do not have to believe that the Holy Ghost proceeds from both the Father and the Son.

Like I said, I was told Eastern Catholics hold the exact same belief as the Eastern Orthodox. The only difference between Eastern Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy is that Eastern Catholicism is in union with Rome and Eastern Orthodoxy is not.

I was told that Eastern Catholicism is an entirely different religion than Roman Catholicism.

Is this true?

I thought Eastern Catholics in union with Rome have to believe in all the dogmas proclaimed by the Roman Church as essential doctrines of the Church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.