Do I bring up the past for discussion again?

My Mom and I had a fight over three years ago, after which I realized that I was very wrong. I asked both her and my father for forgiveness (which they granted) and went to confession. Our relationship had been strained ever since, between this arguement and the distance between our homes. I have asked them two times, after the forgiveness, if we need to talk further and the answer was “no.” I have heard on numerous occasions that my mom tells my sister that she does not forgive me. The last coming this past Sunday. In the meantime my mom and I have had decent conversations built on, I guess, false pretenses. My question is, do I just continue to pray for their forgiveness? Do I bring up the past for discussion again? Do I ignore the fact that she has told others she does not forgive me? I don’t want to dishonor my parents, but at the same time the emotional roller coaster is killing me. Thank you for any advice.

Hi,

Tell your mom what you have stated here. Either she is in denial or your sister is not telling the truth. You ought to get to the truth of the matter. You are in my prayers.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.