Do I have a duty to speak out against an invalid marriage?

My friend a baptized catholic has told me that he has been asked and has agreed to orgainise the civil wedding and reception for his cousin who is also a baptized catholic. His cousin was married before in a civil ceremony to a divorced lady and now this new lady is also divorced. The reason he has asked my friend to organise this is because he is in a different country and intends to come home for his wedding. This is all the information that I have on the situation. I told my friend that I didn’t think he should do this because I thought that it was against church teachings. He got very angry with me and has told me that I didn’t have the right to say this, he’s accused me of being judgemental. Should I have minded my own business or was it my duty as a catholic to inform my friend and was I correct in my assumption of church teaching?

The following link should assist you in better understanding what it means to truly judge a person. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
Can Catholics judge others?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.