Do I have to believe Mary was without sin....etc.?

Please tell me if the Catholic church is telling me that I must believe
1 Mary was without sin?
2 Mary never had any sexual relations with Joseph after Jesus was born?
3 That I must pray to Mary and the other Saints?

Catholics must believe the doctrine which states that the Blessed Virgin Mary was preserved and exempted from all stain of Original Sin from the first instant of her conception in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of all mankind, and that by the grace of God, she remained free of every personal sin her whole life long. (Professio Fidei; *Catechism of the Catholic Church * no.493)

Catholics must believe that Mary “remained a virgin in conceiving her Son, a virgin in giving birth to him a virgin in carrying him, a virgin in nursing him at her breast, always a virgin” (ibid. 510).

Catholics must also believe in the intercession of the saints where Mary and the saints do not cease to intercede with the Father for us (CCC 956).

Are Catholics bound to pray to Mary and the saints? No. However, most Catholics want to ask for their intercession. After all, prayer between members of the body of Christ is pleasing to the Lord, who is the one mediator (1 Tim. 2:1-5). The Body of Christ is the ’communion of saints’. All Christians form one family and one People of God (*CCC * 804). Even in death, when the soul goes to meet God, those ‘family members’ still here on earth remain united with those already in heaven. For Scripture tells us that God isn’t the God of the dead but of the living (Matthew 22:32), and that none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself (Romans 14:7), and that “if one member suffers, all parts suffer with it…now you are Christ’s body, and individually parts of it.”(1 Corinthians 12:27).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.