Do I have to go to confession?

Yesterday after hearing that Rosie O’Donnell was leaving The View I started to sing the Wizard of Oz song “…Ding dong the witch is gone, the wicked witch is gone…”

Do I have to go to confession for that?:smiley:

This thread should probably be in Moral Theology

No, but Rosie should.

You don’t have to go to confession for thelling the truth!:slight_smile:

Its actually ding dong the wicked witch is dead! LOL

Rosie is such an offensive woman, I’d like to see sensible people band together as Blacks did about Imus.

Confession, no, but certainly you should reflect upon this uncharitable response toward a sinner at your next mass as part of the “I have sinned in my thoughts, in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do” prior to receiving the Eucharist next time.

Rosie is messed up psychologically, no doubt.
She is a sinner (aren’t we all)?
It is good that she is no longer on the view.
But how can any Catholic wish ill will toward those most in need of our prayers and help and think this is how Jesus would want them to respond in the situation?

Certainly the collective sigh of relief at the news was appropriate, but to dance on a grave so to speak, and call names to the fallen, that’s vindictive plain and simple.

I disagree with YinYangMom, I think we should rejoice that Rosie no longer has The View as a forum to spew he anti-Catholicism. I do not wish her any ill but am certainly happy that she no longer will be a part of a show that so many people watch.

“collective sigh of relief” is how I described an appropriate response. I am not saying it is not good that she is off the show. I am not saying we can’t be happy about it. I’m saying we can be happy and relieved without getting nasty and vindictive about it. Isn’t that Rosie’s way of dealing with people she dislikes? :blush:

You are correct. I’ll just be quietly ecstatic.:smiley:

To be more specific, its “Ding, Dong, the witch is dead! Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch! Ding, Dong, the wicked witch is dead!” :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: LOL

no, i think your in the right here.

No matter how wrong or bad people are, we should not call people by name.

If Rosie is wrong and leaves the show, that is good. However, you should reflect on what name you had called her by singing the song.

Imagine how many time we did wrong in our lives, what Jesus still call you? - it is “my son” … “my daughter”…

No you do not have to confess that

I just saw on the Drudge report that the lead candidate to replace Rosie is Roseanne Barr. Be careful what you wish for!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.