Do I have to repeat first confession made to Anglican priest?

I am currently an Episcopalian who has begun the process of conversion to Catholicism.
When I became an Episcopalian, I made my general/first confession to an Episcopalian Benedictine priest. Will I have to make another general/first confession?
It was very hard for me to come to terms with the possibility that I hadn’t been receiving the Body and Blood at my Episcopal parish, but accepting that I hadn’t been absolved at that confession and subsequent ones is even more difficult for me to accept. It seems similar to a rebaptism.

Dear f,

Since the Catholic Church does not consider Anglican ordinations to be valid, it does not recognize and Anglican priest’s absoluition to be valid either. So, yes you need to make a general confession upon entering the Catholic Church.

But it is good to remember that if it is painful to for us to confess our sins, it was far more painful for Jesus to forgive them.

Fr, Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.