Do I need my marriage blessed again?

My husband and I took the journey into faith last year and at Easter I was received into the church and my husband was confirmed. Prior to that, my first marriage was annulled and although I had married my present husband almost 40 years ago in a civil ceremony, he and I had our marriage blessed in church the Saturday of the Easter Vigil. I have since found out that my first husband died 10 years ago so I was free to marry anyway. Does this mean I have to marry in the Catholic church even though our marriage has been blessed?

The annulment process was simply one way of determining if you were free to marry. It was, apparently, irrelevant since your former husband had passed away. You exchanged vows validly in the Church and thus your marriage is valid. There is no need to repeat the process. You are all set! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.