Do I need proper knowledge for my Confirmation to be valid?

I was received into the Catholic Church five years ago. Unfortunately I had very little proper instruction by the priest, and many of the things I know about the faith have been explained later on. One thing worries me slightly. At the time of being received into the Church, the priest did not explain properly that I would be confirmed in the same ceremony. I had a full understanding of wanting to be a Catholic and I certainly accepted all the teachings of the Church. Afterwards however, when he mentioned the confirmation, I was surprised that he had not explained it better. I am now worried that my confirmation was not valid, given that I did not have a proper knowledge, even though I desired what the Church was offering me. Can anybody help me here or am I being over scrupulous?

jaffa,

These links should be helpful in understanding whether or not a person needs to be aware of a certain percentage of Catholic teaching for Confirmation to be valid. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
Can a second-grader be confirmed?
Is my Confirmation valid?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.