Do imaginary ideas come from God?

It fully states, in the Bible, that the skies and nature reflect God’s glory.

But many (Christian) artists/writers etc. say great fictions also reflect God. I love the idea- but this doesn’t seem to have any biblical basis. It MAY appear a given if you believe in a Platonist idea of Him. Most do not these days.
Does God like human* fictions- will they be ressurected like the physical world? Can we know anything for certain about this…or is it anyone’s guess?

*Because, surely, if God is not of the Platonist idea of the Forms, then surely we invented our own fictions rather than realising pre-existing ideas. Shakespeare dreampt up A Midsummer Night’s Dream, George Lucas Star Wars…rather than both portraying them whilst both fictions already existed externally from their ‘creators’, which would make it more of a ‘discovery’ akin to Darwin and evolution and Einstein’s relativity.
And if they are our finite, Earthly ideas, I am concerned that they bear no true relation (except in, perhaps, faint symbolism) to the christian idea of our ultimate fate via God’s design.

Looking for Biblical quotes here, if at all possible, or a philosophical humdinger that would fully explain it.

It must be grand for Christians who adore wildlife and geography to feel their obsession is definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, something that will be fulfilled (for it says as much in the Bible). Not so good for those of us concerned, mainly, with artistic visions, where we can only wildly guess or hope.

Thomas,
You are way ahead of me. I’m still in awe and trying to figure out where THOUGHT comes from… Is it the fluid that pulses through the grey mass of my brain shocked by electrical impulses? WOW! How does that happen??? :idea: Thank you, Lord, for the wonderful brains you made for us!

"For the rest, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever modest, whatsoever just, whatsoever holy, whatsoever lovely, whatsoever of good fame, if there be any virtue, if any praise of discipline, think on these things. "phillipians 4:8
Paul seems to think that all good things come or inspired by God and can be useful to our
sanctity.

Do imaginary ideas come from God?

Our ability to imagine comes from God, as it is an attribute of the intellect.

What we imagine comes from us, because it is an exercise of our free will, and can either be good or evil depending on whether or not we are exercising the virtues.

There are private revelations called “imaginative visions”, known in Catholic contemplative tradition, where God uses our faculty of imagination to show us images for one purpose or another. The receiver of such visions is completely aware that he/she is in the control of another, superior being, i.e. God. These experiences are extremely profound.

Human imagination and ideas are just that, human.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.