Do Jws beleive in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?

Romans 8:9-11

9You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

As an ex-JW myself, let me give their doctrine as best as I can remember it.

JW’s believe in a 2-class system of salvation:

144,000 JWs are born-again and have a heavenly hope
as a resurrected, purely-spirit being.

The other JWs, the “great crowd,” are NOT “indwelled” by the Holy Spirit (only the 144,000 are), but the Holy Spirit still sends them many graces and inspirations. He is said to “direct” the great crowd and individual members thereof, but not indwell them. Kind of like a guide who influences you from the outside.

God bless,
Jaypeeto4 (aka Jaypeeto3)

And let me further clarify that to JWs, the Holy Spirit
is an IT, not a He. They believe “holy spirit” is God’s invisible active force, not a person. I should have made that clear in the post above.

Jaypeeto4 (aka Jaypeeto3)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.