" Do not be afraid of those who can kill the body; fear rather the one Who..." (Lk. 12:4,5.)

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Sorry about my last post which had some “technical difficulties” in transcribing text from the online version of St. Louis de Montfort’s book, “The Love of Eternal Wisdom.” I tried to correct it several times and thought I had it corrected but found this morning that it was not as I had left it. The time for editing it again had past.

I think most of you got the sense of the post and probably knew the Scripture verses. Could the evil one be seeking to distract us from Truth? I wonder – that is his usual mode of operation. If you want to read the section from Chapter 12 which I tried to post yesterday, just click on the link attached to the title above, which will bring you to the “Table of Contents” and click on Chapter 12. The numbering of paragraphs should help you find whatever you may have missed. Today I’m posting just a short excerpt; but again these are powerful, important Words of Jesus, we need to ponder all Jesus said and did.

1. Do not be afraid of those who can kill the body; fear rather the one Who can kill the body, and then is able to cast the soul into hell. Lk. 12:4,5.
    2. Do not worry over what you are to eat or how you are to clothe your body; your heavenly Father is well aware of all your needs. Lk. 12:22,30.
    3. All that is hidden will be made known and all that is covered up will be revealed. Lk. 8:17.

Come Holy Spirit, teach us what true “fear of the Lord” means. It is not “servile fear” but rather the “filial fear” of sons and daughters who do not want to offend God! Jesus, we trust in You! Mary, Mother of the Church pray for us. St. Joseph, protector of Mary and guardian of the Child Jesus. Pray for us.

3 Likes

Such reassuring words MariaChristi :blush:
Thank you.

1 Like

Dear Greenfields,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, God’s Word reassures us, always, when we truly LISTEN! May Our Mother Mary help us all to learn from Jesus as she did, keeping all He said and did, pondering all in our hearts. (cf Lk 2:19 and Lk 2:51)

1 Like

Dear Francisca and Stephie,

Thank you both for your “hearts” letting me know you read and appreciated the Words of Jesus, repeated in St. Louis de Montfort’s book on “The Love of Eternal Wisdom”.

More and more I am convinced, by God’s Grace, of the importance of LISTENING to God’s Word if we are truly to know, love and serve Him in this world. May we all continue to ask the Holy Spirit to bring us into all Truth as Jesus promised in John 16. May we also ask Our Mother Mary’s intercession – as she is both Mother and Model for the Church.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.