Do Seminarians Have Fun?

Sometimes we get questions like “what do seminarians do?” on this forum, or “what is seminary life like?”, so I thought I’d share a little insight into that.

Sometimes we do have fun, like building a giant snowman bishop on a particularly snowy day.

(This is at St. Joseph’s Seminary in Edmonton, Canada)

[quote="curlycool89, post:1, topic:304568"]
Sometimes we get questions like "what do seminarians do?" on this forum, or "what is seminary life like?", so I thought I'd share a little insight into that.

Sometimes we do have fun, like building a giant snowman bishop on a particularly snowy day.

(This is at St. Joseph's Seminary in Edmonton, Canada)

[/quote]

Awesome. :)

Sweet.

I know the Institute of CHRIST THE KING will play soccer and do snowball fights

Theres nothing wrong with harmless fun!! :thumbsup:

Thats a big snowman btw… :smiley:

HAHAHA that is hilarious. snow pope. lol

Ha ha! How typical is it for Edmonton to have that much snow (let me see...) 44 days *before * winter officially starts? I've always been under the impression that I lived in a North American version of Siberia, not so much now (what a comforting thought!;))

[quote="Robertanthony, post:5, topic:304568"]
Ha ha! How typical is it for Edmonton to have that much snow (let me see...) 44 days *before * winter officially starts? I've always been under the impression that I lived in a North American version of Siberia, not so much now (what a comforting thought!;))

[/quote]

Snow at this time? Not odd at all. That much snow right now is not common though.

The Weather Network says we got 31 cm (which is just over a foot of snow), which they say is double the normal amount for all of November.

Here is a video created by some seminarians in St. Louis a few years back

youtube.com/watch?v=eigZWsaSkUw&playnext=1&list=PL7F550E24DE6D9843&feature=results_video

[quote="Brendan, post:7, topic:304568"]
Here is a video created by some seminarians in St. Louis a few years back

youtube.com/watch?v=eigZWsaSkUw&playnext=1&list=PL7F550E24DE6D9843&feature=results_video

[/quote]

Funny!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

All these posts just prove what I already knew…seminarians know how to have the best time!

I just tell them come and visit we can show you a good time

Fun? No. No fun. None at all. It's a miserable life. Truly.

Thanks for sharing your joy, guys. Seminary is truly a joy, isn't it? (sometimes)

Couple years ago, some of the college seminarians made a mashup music video for metaphysics. The last three years, we've put on a play in the spring (Oliver this spring). Assassin wars, capture the flag, house parties, etc. Seminary really is wonderful. I can't imagine living with a better group of men. Much of our fun is just like anyone else's: good company in Christ, and as people who watch those videos know, lots of inside jokes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.